The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Pre-registration SLC number

Where can I find this? I have no idea where the 'University and College payment advice' form from Student Finance is, I have looked high and low and that can NOT be the only place you can find this number. If it is, it is a stupid idea and whoever decided they should only print this very important number on one early letter should be shot.

Please help?
It is - when you got your student finance, you should've got three letters. This will have been the part of the letter that explains when the expected date of your tuition fees to be paid is, the amount that will be paid, what course year for, what university and for what course.

What you're looking for is a barcode at the top of the page.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I left that bit blank - it didn't have an asterix by it so it wasn't mandatory.

Also - I checked my student finance account today, they've never sent me anything by post according to their website, only email...so I'm quite sure I never got such a letter.
And I really think I'd remember if I'd got something with a barcode on.
So I will get this letter when I actually get my application finished? Because they keep sending forms back to me saying I have incorrectly completed them (and not saying how, usefully).
Unless you have sent back a signed declaration agreeing to your tuition fee and maintenance loan amount then you won't receive any financial support at all. You'll need to check the Student Finance England as soon as possible and look at your account status to see what needs correcting.

Better doing this as soon as possible, because it will take a while for everything to be processed in time for you to receive support in October.
We found the problem with the application by calling them a few days ago and apparently it was that my referee didn't have a good enough job to BE my referee, which is bloody ridiculous. So tomorrow I am going to take the forms and my friend, who is a priest, is going to fill them in for me. This is the only thing standing in the way of me and my loans. The problem is that they called me about a month ago to tell me 'we are going to fully process your application next week' and did nothing. A couple of weeks later, the form was returned, simply stating that it had been incorrectly completed, why can't they just tell me HOW? Also, why the hell contact me electively just to lie to me about the status of my application.
Reply 6
well i wouldnt be expecting to get your loan on time if i were you...dont mean to sound pessimistic but SFE are SLOOWW at the best of times. never mind less than a month before you course (i still havnt got my orignal P60s back). i got 3 letters and didnt notice the bar code.. the bar code isnt the important bit. but im insanely organised and just whipped out my file and read the number. xD
J1mjam
well i wouldnt be expecting to get your loan on time if i were you...dont mean to sound pessimistic but SFE are SLOOWW at the best of times. never mind less than a month before you course (i still havnt got my orignal P60s back). i got 3 letters and didnt notice the bar code.. the bar code isnt the important bit. but im insanely organised and just whipped out my file and read the number. xD

Obviously they've got an insane amount of applications to deal with and process, so they are gonna take there time. Although to be fair whenever I've dealt with them they've sorted stuff out in a few minutes, and I don't think I've ever been on hold for more than half a minute!

Application for finance for the following academic year will begin around April-ish - So I'd recommend getting your application submitted as soon as - To avoid being caught up in this last minute rush.
Reply 8
on the other thread thats been started out this, ive realised you can log into the SFE website and view correspondence (basically shows you everything youve been sent) therefore finding out the number to put in the box.
J1mjam
on the other thread thats been started out this, ive realised you can log into the SFE website and view correspondence (basically shows you everything youve been sent) therefore finding out the number to put in the box.

It doesn't always work. The .gifs don't always load.
Reply 10
RedRevolver
It doesn't always work. The .gifs don't always load.

oh, thats a bit stupid...sounds about right though.

OK, try go on the website. if that doesnt work just ring em up xD
I can't find the SLC number anywhere! I have the three letters from student finance detailing the payment, but the barcode is at the side of the letters, with not 13 digit number in sight. Is it just on one sheet that I have misplaced or something?
Does the SLC number even matter?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending