The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Being chosen to go to the European Parliament (although that was partly based on academic shizz so maybe not)
Passing my driving test first time
A speech that I wrote went down very well:smile:
Being the lead in a play a few years ago
Reply 81
Fandabidoze!
How old was "Korena" at the time?

Year 10, so 15 and i was 13, There's the facts you asked for.
Reply 82
Forward roll.

... can't go backwards yet, but one day I will.
lightburns
Look at my pic beside my name. :hugs:

Someone pos repped me for this.

"You look pretty gay, and pretty poncy.

Hmm, not sure why I'm insulting you when I'm postive repping you... Oh well.

And you will never know the true reason for this.

[[ insert sinister laugh ]] "

Who is this? I must know! :woo:
Was it you El Nombre? :woo:
Reply 84
I once slammed a revolving door.

:holmes:
kopi, ffs
I suppose someone's already told you, or perhaps you really, really don't care, but the subjunctive isn't a tense. :lolwut:

Yeah I know it's technically a "mood" or something, but it's the subjunctive so it's not like I care. You could say my hatred for it is exemplified by the fact that I state it as being a tense.

On the other hand, I'm going to agree with you and with the post you're lauding, cos the best thing I can think of is, uh, being happy as myself and generally a contented person in life. After all, once this level has been reached, other achievements kind of pour in.

(Runners up? Whenever some funny wordplay or comical situation occurs to me; going to Epping Forest; punching a would-be rapist in the mug; being publisched in Fourfourtwo; some SWEET Halloween costumes of yore; and, as ever, getting rid of my piles.)

Contentment is all you really need. Of course it's impressive when people manage great feats in sports or music or whatever, and I don't belittle those, but they come secondary to your personal satisfaction in life IMO.
Reply 86
Profesh
Having an attractive girlfriend despite being utterly repellent in almost every conceivable way.

Oh, and another: completing Halo on Legendary, pre-Youtube, when this was actually considered to be a non-trivial accomplishment.

Edit: And having my taste in music endorsed by 14,000 people.
Organised pretty much the whole of my leavers ball for 6th form.
I won the PenPen triclelon :biggrin:
Reply 89
1. Walking Wainwright's 190 mile Coast to Coast.
2. Qualifying for and playing in the brass band national finals twice, having been promoted a section inbetween.
My grade 8's in piano, cello and violin. I am most proud of the cello because my music teacher said i had no chance- proved her wrong with my distinction ha :smile:
Reply 91
Battled oppression, depression, reccession, obsession, probation, liberation, flirtation, immigration, and then realization.
Reply 92
Realising there are more important things than academic achievements.
Reply 93
lightburns
Someone pos repped me for this.

"You look pretty gay, and pretty poncy.

Hmm, not sure why I'm insulting you when I'm postive repping you... Oh well.

And you will never know the true reason for this.

[[ insert sinister laugh ]] "

Who is this? I must know! :woo:
Was it you El Nombre? :woo:

Nah it wasn’t me. Bizarre thing to say tbh! :lolwut:

I heartily enjoyed your ‘funny faces’ vid.
:smile:
El Nombre
Nah it wasn’t me. Bizarre thing to say tbh! :lolwut:

I heartily enjoyed your ‘funny faces’ vid.
:smile:

I must know. Who it was. I must know. :zomg:
definitely securing work experience at freshfields.
Reply 96
Passing my driving test... was really hard for me, took 18 months and 3 tests!
Reply 97
5 Masturbation periods in one day.
riotgrrl
I guess debating and public speaking count as academic, don't they?
Probably my Duke of Edinburgh camp, then. It sounds really lame, but I was really worried the night before because I'm not particularly fit AND I got given the heaviest load by quite a long way so I thought I might not cope very well with the walk. Anyways, we walked six hours the first day, camped, walked six hours the next day (somehow I STILL ended up with the heaviest load despite the promise that we would swap around). I coped fine, and I was actually the only remotely perky one by the end, having danced half the way. I'm quite used to academic acheivement but not remotely sporty so it was quite nice for me to feel like I'd acheived somethign there.

Congratulations; you walked for a while. I walk around my house, and sometimes outside too, all the time, but you don't see me bragging about it on the internet. :rolleyes:

But I kiiiiiid, well done. :yep:
Reply 99
Chocothunder
Congratulations; you walked for a while. I walk around my house, and sometimes outside too, all the time, but you don't see me bragging about it on the internet. :rolleyes:

But I kiiiiiid, well done. :yep:

That was harsh :cry2:

Latest

Trending

Trending