The Student Room Group

Do any of you girls genuinely like nerd guys?

Scroll to see replies

Everyone loves a nerd. There's nothing better than a guy who looks good and has a good brain phoarrrr
Reply 21
Nerdy guys..kinda, TURN ME ONNN!
Reply 22
Anonymous
A nerd would have used you're instead of your

Well I guess I am not a nerd then :p:
Reply 23
lechaton-x
Looking back on all my intense crushes, I can honestly say that I only ever fancy nerdy guys. Yep, even basement nerds.

get in my basement now! :cool:
Reply 24
yes, one just broke my heart today :frown: sad times.
i honestly never saw my self falling so hard for him.
But in general i like nerdy guys, or at least smart. But they have to carry themselves well, like a poster above said.
Reply 25
FroKane
When I say nerds i dont mean this....

That there is a guy making fashion statement, who probably has loads of freinds and that.

I mean proper Basement geeks like this

You pretend to like nerds so you can call yourself an individual,
but your just as boring/typical as the rest.

guys with nerdy personalities: yes
ugly guys: no
There are the good looking nerds too...
But not the 2nd pic type :O
I genuinely do like nerds, I wouldn't really get on with any other kind of guy to be honest. I love Harry Potter, Star Trek, Comics, Star Wars, Anime and Science and I own a lightsaber that I actually do frequently use, therefore for me conversation is better with Nerds. The answer to your question though is subjective, it all depends on the person and their personality and what they deem to be attractive.
oodlesofpoodles
I genuinely do like nerds, I wouldn't really get on with any other kind of guy to be honest. I love Harry Potter, Star Trek, Comics, Star Wars, Anime and Science and I own a lightsaber that I actually do frequently use, therefore for me conversation is better with Nerds. The answer to your question though is subjective, it all depends on the person and their personality and what they deem to be attractive.

High Five! o/
I think it's unfair to say all nerds look like that. That guy, though I'm sorry to say it, kinda takes the view of 'nerds' to the extreme. When I think nerd, I think of a guy I can discuss astronomy with (who will actually understand what I'm on about) or debate about the pros and cons of various gaming platforms, latest technology et al with. Sort of like John Cusack in 16 Candles. I'd have tapped that. Repeatedly.
Reply 30
The sexiest nerd ever

Spoiler

xStaceyy
i like guys with nerdy personalities.
like reading comic books, playing video games, making jokes about science :smile:
i think thats what most girls mean when they say they like nerdy guys.
or they might just want a guy with daft glasses? :/

THIS.

my bf is kinda like this, however, he's been changing to something i dont like. he started smoking. :,( whatever.
giran
get in my basement now! :cool:

Ok, do you have a postcode? I'll find it on google maps...

Seriously though, my last boyfriend was a ginger IT worker with a fondness for Thundercats.
Reply 33
So what? One can legitimately appreciate such attributes without necessarily prioritising them to the exclusion of all else.

Gavzzz
A nerd would of used you're instead of your...

Sigh.
(edited 13 years ago)
Hmm, what is a nerd? I mean, my housemate spends hours and hours online, reading wikipedia, playing weird ... I don't even know how you'd describe them ... weird games, and also playing this card game called "Magic The Gathering" but he's also a very good looking guy who is captain of the Uni rugby team...

I, personally, get described as a closet-nerd, because very few people realise how much of a geek I am. For example, most girls that I have dated are pretty damn shocked when it becomes clear to them that when I'm not partying and having fun, I'm locked away with a pot of coffee and I'm coding. I mean, I don't do a computer course at Uni, I don't even show a slight interest in anything technical, but I am a big reader (not fantasy fiction sadly!) - and I would happily sit in my room making a podcast that no one will ever listen to...

I guess what I'm trying to say is... Is a nerd/geek someone who is interested in quirky technical things etc. but has also developed social skills, or is a nerd/geek someone who has a 'bad way with people'?

Because if it is the latter then I think the answer to the OP's question is probably no, but I have found in my experience that if it is the former, then yes, girls do like nerd guys because we're just like normal guys, only with something going on upstairs...
Reply 35
Not gonna lie, I just want a guy with massive glasses :biggrin:.

But in all seriousness, too much geek isn't so great, just like too much macho isn't good. But a little bit of nerd is absolutely fine with me.
I pity people who only belong to one so called 'category'
Reply 37
I Don't find nerds in the least bit attractive, fashionable or not.
XxBrighteyesxX
nothing wrong with nerds!! they will rule the world some day :smile:

What makes you think they don't? :devil:
mrmuscles800
Funny cause Im quite nerdy

Would you like to come visit me in my basement? I just decorated it.

Yeah, I've heard Austria is beautiful this time of year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending