The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
missaphrodite
It's my birthday next week too...going to be the quietest birthday ever! :frown:
I don't think temporarily sharing a room in Westwood is that bad to be fair, it's not for forever and at least you're not off campus. I'd kill to be able to pitch a tent on campus or something ridiculous, and soon you'll have a campus room to yourself.

Ah that must suck having to live off campus :frown: But i suppose you'll end up really tight friends with the ones you're living with :smile: And just latch onto on campus people lol. You'll probably make a ton of friends at the events anyway, so it'll be awesome :biggrin:

Yeah I'm so glad I got a room, was just a bit disappointed at first. But I won't even notice it during fresher's i bet :biggrin:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Chrrye
If I were to offer advice then if you are really worried about missing out on the whole campus experience I would aim to latch on (obviously not in too weird a way) to someone from your course or society who lives on campus and try and tag along to their predrinking with your housemates.

Other than that you're probably not missing much but convenience and sleep deprivation.
:smile:

I have a wonderful facebook 'friend' on my course who wants to be gym buddies with me, and she says I can always dump my things/crash at her place, and loads of others have said I can crash after a night out too :biggrin:
Hopefully they won't change their minds after meeting me :mmm:
I am a nice person, honest :o:
Reply 102
Lol yeah, joining the facebook groups, you get a few randoms adding you... not that I don't want to make friends there or anything, I'm just not that bothered about having a whole bunch of e-friendships for the week before I go :erm:

I swear, some of them must just be adding hundreds of people!

Not long to go now, at least everyone bragging about Zane Lowe or Greg James playing round theirs' this evening will get it right back from me - whilst they're starting their courses! :p: :lol:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 103
jakash
Lol yeah, joining the facebook groups, you get a few randoms adding you... not that I don't want to make friends there or anything, I'm just not that bothered about having a whole bunch of e-friendships for the week before I go :erm:

Yeah, I've made the conscious decision not to join too many facebook groups or add anyone too soon. I don't want my first impression to be my truly terrible facebook photos :biggrin:
Reply 104
All the Chemistry people are adding each other. Think I have 10-15 other chemists on my FB. ^_^
Reply 105
Went to IKEA and bought all the basics today.
All that's left to do now is packing
Reply 106
I haven't done anything yet, might just go to the ikea in cov when I go to move in
Dnator
I haven't done anything yet, might just go to the ikea in cov when I go to move in

Cant believe Hamilton gets no points this weekend...again :sad:
Reply 108
JumpingJonny
Cant believe Hamilton gets no points this weekend...again :sad:

...Don't even talk about it man, :mad: :mad: :mad:
Reply 109
Also I really want to go already cause I'm getting fat!
Got nothing to do all day so I just eat ****!

Only 5 days left now...:cookie:
Reply 110
Dnator
...Don't even talk about it man, :mad: :mad: :mad:

Is Cryfield 30 weeks, or 40?
Reply 111
Focus08
Is Cryfield 30 weeks, or 40?

dreißig
Reply 112
Focus08
And when does the Coventry Ice Hockey season start?

Its been started a while man, they aren't doing so good
piszczel
Also I really want to go already cause I'm getting fat!
Got nothing to do all day so I just eat ****!

Only 5 days left now...

So, so this.
Give me tocil next to the sports centre ASAP please.
Reply 114
^^Haha this. I love swimming, and I've got no excuse not to since I'm in Tocil :P
How soon do you think we can get into the gym, as in physically be in there...being physical? The idea of not having the gym even for a week creeps me out, it wouldn't look pretty. Worried though because I'm off-campus :frown: maybe I should join a gym in Cov?

PS. BORED.
Reply 116
missaphrodite
How soon do you think we can get into the gym, as in physically be in there...being physical? The idea of not having the gym even for a week creeps me out, it wouldn't look pretty. Worried though because I'm off-campus :frown: maybe I should join a gym in Cov?

PS. BORED.

There is a FitnessFirst 10 mins from campus...
Reply 117
missaphrodite

PS. BORED.

I think the campus gym is open from the first monday, and it's free for a week :smile:
If you're off campus you're probably better off finding a gym in the city for convinience although the campus gym is really cheap.
Reply 118
missaphrodite

PS. BORED.

I'm pretty sure it's open all year round, so we should be able to use it straight away. And the first week is free!
piszczel
I think the campus gym is open from the first monday, and it's free for a week :smile:
If you're off campus you're probably better off finding a gym in the city for convinience although the campus gym is really cheap.

gower
I'm pretty sure it's open all year round, so we should be able to use it straight away. And the first week is free!

This is pretty much the best news I've had all week :biggrin:

Latest