The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, the gym hasn't closed at all, it's open now if you're somehow here and want to use it, 7.15 - 9.30 every day.
Even if you are off campus it's almost certainly worth using the campus gym over private gyms purely down to the associated costs. Campus gym is a bargain.

And yes, it's free from the 2nd Oct to the 8th Oct. Although, it being free is more to convince the waverers who aren't sure and all you guys sound like you're fairly set on the annual membership!
(edited 13 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
GarethBrown
Yeah, the gym hasn't closed at all, it's open now if you're somehow here and want to use it, 7.15 - 9.30 every day.
Even if you are off campus it's almost certainly worth using the campus gym over private gyms purely down to the associated costs. Campus gym is a bargain.

And yes, it's free from the 2nd Oct to the 8th Oct. Although, it being free is more to convince the waverers who aren't sure and all you guys sound like you're fairly set on the annual membership!

Not that I'm addicted or anything :confused:

I was just worried because obviously I'm going to be a member but I thought you couldn't use it unless you were a member, and membership might take a whiiiile to go through.
GarethBrown

So I could imagine it will be packed for the first week then? :p:
missaphrodite
Not that I'm addicted or anything :confused:

I was just worried because obviously I'm going to be a member but I thought you couldn't use it unless you were a member, and membership might take a whiiiile to go through.

You do sound slightly obsessed :yep: but its okay :hugs:
JumpingJonny

:o: I just want to maintain my current level of fitness...
Reply 125
JumpingJonny

There are plenty of obsessions worse than regular exercise! I for one feel bloody awful if I haven't been to the gym in a few days.
I imagine the gym will be fairly busy first week, yeah. And membership is instantly loaded onto your uni card :smile:
missaphrodite

gower
There are plenty of obsessions worse than regular exercise! I for one feel bloody awful if I haven't been to the gym in a few days.

I think I might start going to the gym more regularly than I have been (twice in the last year :ninja:), as I definitely need to improve my fitness :yep:
Reply 128
JumpingJonny
I think I might start going to the gym more regularly than I have been (twice in the last year :ninja:), as I definitely need to improve my fitness :yep:

That's what everyone says. This is the reason why you always, at the start of every year, see hundreds of new people at the gym. Few weeks later that number is reduced to few tens (if even that).

Everyone wants to be fit, healthy and good looking but no one is prepared to work for it!:yes:
piszczel
That's what everyone says. This is the reason why you always, at the start of every year, see hundreds of new people at the gym. Few weeks later that number is reduced to few tens (if even that).

Everyone wants to be fit, healthy and good looking but no one is prepared to work for it!:yes:

True, but then I may have to go as I would imagine running round campus instead of in the gym would look pretty gay.
Reply 130
JumpingJonny
True, but then I may have to go as I would imagine running round campus instead of in the gym would look pretty gay.

That's what I'm gonna do. I mean, run around the campus.
I'm just paying for the weights room and the standard membership, but there's absolutely no need to pay £90 for access to the cardio machines when you can just do it outside. In fact I find it a bit silly.

Running outside is much better anyway :smile: Fresh air, not as bad on your knees as a treadmill, can do loads more stuff than just running or climbing on the stair machine...
piszczel
I'm just paying for the weights room and the standard membership, but there's absolutely no need to pay £90 for access to the cardio machines when you can just do it outside. In fact I find it a bit silly.

Running outside is much better anyway :smile: Fresh air, not as bad on your knees as a treadmill, can do loads more stuff than just running or climbing on the stair machine...

I wouldnt mind doing it outside if other people do, I was just concerned I would be the only one doing it :p:
missaphrodite

you fitty
ronaldo91
you fitty

:mmm:
Reply 134
piszczel

Running on a treadmill as far as your knees are concerned is much better than down a road, etc.. Treadmills are designed to be of low impact for running on, roads/paths are not.
Reply 135
mituozo
Running on a treadmill as far as your knees are concerned is much better than down a road, etc.. Treadmills are designed to be of low impact for running on, roads/paths are not.

Even if it is true - it's still a bit silly to pay £90 just for something you can do for free.
piszczel
Even if it is true - it's still a bit silly to pay £90 just for something you can do for free.

While I completely agree with you, some people dont like running in public, and you do get distance and time done for you as well as tvs to watch :wink:
Yeah I would never run in public.
Maybe if I was some big muscular guy.
But I wouldn't want anyone to see me in my 'gym state' when they don't need to lol, plus I find it easier to run on a treadmill. I don't think it's bad on your knees unless you're running on an incline.
Yeah I would never run in public.
Maybe if I was some big muscular guy.
But I wouldn't want anyone to see me in my 'gym state' when they don't need to lol, plus I find it easier to run on a treadmill. I don't think it's bad on your knees unless you're running on an incline.
Reply 139
I love swimming and I intend to most days, I just hope my arm doesn't start being a whore again ^_^

Latest