The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
piszczel
Even if it is true - it's still a bit silly to pay £90 just for something you can do for free.

When I do cardio I'll do say 15 mins running, 15 mins rowing, 15 mins cycling.. Vary it up a bit, I don't enjoy running outside in the freezing cold/rain/hot/whatever else nature throws at me, or having chavs drive past in their suped up vauxhall novas shouting abuse at me. I don't have to plan a route out, I set it to x minutes and do it without having to worry about the distance I've covered or anything else. I can also do this straight after a weights session just by crossing a corridor.

I can drink a pint of beer at home with a couple of friends, for less than £1, the same friends I typically go to a pub with and pay £3.60 a pint in. A pub's just more enjoyable, I can choose from a huge variety of drinks and it's a nicer atmosphere for what you want to do, it's the same kinda thing.
(edited 13 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
+1 to the Running outside people. It's too brilliant. It's so much more bearable outside, fresh air and all.
(Though it is quite a lot easier to just step on the treadmill. And you do look a state after running for a while outside.)
Sorry for double post before.
Yeah running wouldn't cut it for me, I need my elliptical and rowing machine :smile:
Reply 143
mituozo
When I do cardio I'll do say 15 mins running, 15 mins rowing, 15 mins cycling.. Vary it up a bit, I don't enjoy running outside in the freezing cold/rain/hot/whatever else nature throws at me, or having chavs drive past in their suped up vauxhall novas shouting abuse at me. I don't have to plan a route out, I set it to x minutes and do it without having to worry about the distance I've covered or anything else. I can also do this straight after a weights session just by crossing a corridor.

I can drink a pint of beer at home with a couple of friends, for less than £1, the same friends I typically go to a pub with and pay £3.60 a pint in. A pub's just more enjoyable, I can choose from a huge variety of drinks and it's a nicer atmosphere for what you want to do, it's the same kinda thing.

I would say running outside is more enjoyable.
When I do my cardio, it's 10-20 minutes tops. I don't really do the long cardio sessions because they produce little results with too much effort. I like to do high intensity stuff, like sprints or sprints up the stairs. When I swim I like to swim for like 45 mins - 1hr though.

I don't really care if anyone sees me, they know that I'm training, it's not like I'm gonna look like a retard just because I like doing it outside.

Speaking of pubs. I could have a nice cold pint right now, even though I had a great gym session today :smile:
Come to think of it, majority of my summer holidays I spent on weightlifting, I'm gonna die during freshers! 3 pints and I'm pissed!
Reply 144
Sliced Bread
+1 to the Running outside people. It's too brilliant. It's so much more bearable outside, fresh air and all.
(Though it is quite a lot easier to just step on the treadmill. And you do look a state after running for a while outside.)

Cool.

Special Edition TSR meet for running outside.

Sliced Bread
Focus08
piszcel
Pew-Pew
JumpingJonny
Destination unknown
missaphrodite
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 145
I would like to sign up for this. :p:

Nothing like the satisfaction you get after an hour long run around the countryside, down lanes, along rivers, over paths, etc. :sexface:
Pew-Pew
I would like to sign up for this. :p:

Nothing like the satisfaction you get after an hour long run around the countryside, down lanes, along rivers, over paths, etc. :sexface:

Yeah because that's what Warwick campus is like too :mmm:
Reply 147
missaphrodite
Yeah because that's what Warwick campus is like too :mmm:

Haha, if only. :o:

On a vaguely related topic to the thread, did anyone else get their textbooks and get pretty excited? I got my 3 Chemistry ones and I was. I've also realised that mine actually smell quite nice as well. :erm:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 148
I have four for Chem Bio and they get here Weds. So excited ^_^
Reply 149
I haven't bought my textbooks yet, no money :frown:
I doubt we're gonna need them straight away anyway, I'm gonna buy them in the first few weeks.
Pew-Pew
Haha, if only. :o:

On a vaguely related topic to the thread, did anyone else get their textbooks and get pretty excited? I got my 3 Chemistry ones and I was. I've also realised that mine actually smell quite nice as well. :erm:

I was very excited when mine arrived, until I remembered I would actually have to learn it all :eek: and mine smell nice aswell :teeth:
Reply 151
piszczel
I haven't bought my textbooks yet, no money :frown:
I doubt we're gonna need them straight away anyway, I'm gonna buy them in the first few weeks.

Dude, good news, I got some cash to materialise :P
Reply 152
The more I look at my timetable the more I realise just how much free time I will have, I hope there's gonna be something to do!
Reply 153
tommy5x
Dude, good news, I got some cash to materialise :P

Ha, that's always good news :yes:
Freshers just got better (or more drunk lol)?
Reply 154
Possibly more drunk, and certainly more vodka-ey.
Reply 155
tommy5x
Possibly more drunk, and certainly more vodka-ey.

Just wondering, do you smoke?
Reply 156
Nope.
Focus08
Cool.

Special Edition TSR meet for running outside.

Sliced Bread
Focus08
piszcel
Pew-Pew

Add me to the list :ninja:
Whatever.
I'll be at the gym :wink:
missaphrodite
Whatever.
I'll be at the gym :wink:

You'll be missing out and you know it :wink:

Latest