The Student Room Group
Reply 1
First understand all the concepts in the syllabus and then try attempt as many past exam papers as you can. This is what I did and it works like magic =]
Reply 2
just like ANY OTHER EXAM EVER. until you reach the point where you're consistently getting the desired score in all past papers/practise tests.
However long it takes to understand everything, do all questions in the book and do every single past paper question you can find atleast twice
I have started doing all the questions the teachers set me, and extra on that topic they set. I will do more in the future when I learn to manage my time better, as at the current rate; homework is eating all my potential independant studying time.
Reply 5
Maths is all about the past papers.

So however long it takes you to do all of them :h:
Do all the review exercises from the C1 textbook, do OCR, Soloman and Edexcel past papers (as many as you can find).

If you can do them fine, chances are you will get 100% in the exam.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
It only took me about a week of revision for Core one to get an A. Core two on the other hand...well that's a different story :P for C2 it was more like two weeks
C1 make sure you have good notes on all the core concepts. It is really easy to re-learn everything if you have it all written down in a manner you understand. After that, like everyone else has said, it is all past papers.

Mind you, I started C1 3 weeks ago, but I've just finished my 4th past paper with all over 90% :biggrin:
Reply 9
Do every single practise exam paper available and if you get a question wrong, stop and find out exactly where you went wrong, don't just skip it. Similar questions always come up in each exam so it's best you know how to answer all of them :smile:
It is MEI, so I personally would say very little apart from topics such as the binomial, etc.. which you might struggle with, but if you didn't get an A* in maths, I would suggest doing every past paper. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending