The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by hassom
Hey, How many sets of coursework do u do for the AQA English language exam foundation? Also what are they?

Thanks

There's no coursework in AQA GCSE English if you're starting this year, as the specification has changed. It has been replaced with 'controlled assessment', which are in-class exams.
Reply 2
Original post by Cinqueta
There's no coursework in AQA GCSE English if you're starting this year, as the specification has changed. It has been replaced with 'controlled assessment', which are in-class exams.

Is it? ive got a resit on the 8th and 10th :/
Original post by hassom
Is it? ive got a resit on the 8th and 10th :/

If you're resitting then that presumably means you're in at least your second year of GCSE English and thus the above person's comment doesn't apply to you.
The exams on the 8th and the 10th aren't coursework, those are the two exam papers that make up the final 60% of your overall grade.
Coursework that I would assume you've already done include two speaking and listening assessments, a media essay, original writing and an essay on a play (I think).
Reply 4
Original post by JRobbins
If you're resitting then that presumably means you're in at least your second year of GCSE English and thus the above person's comment doesn't apply to you.
The exams on the 8th and the 10th aren't coursework, those are the two exam papers that make up the final 60% of your overall grade.
Coursework that I would assume you've already done include two speaking and listening assessments, a media essay, original writing and an essay on a play (I think).

o ok than, Mice and Men, Gladiator and Original Writing (is that right?)
Im doing My GCSE privately and will be using my Coursework i did in School
Sounds fine to me. Then again, I know nothing about private entry GCSEs so don't take what I say as gospel.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Sounds fine to me. Then again, I know nothing about private entry GCSEs so don't take what I say as gospel.

lol its fine, u just pay for it everythin else is the same :/ o and one more question do u get marked on it as a whole? or seperate grades for each coursework? for instance A for Mice and Men B for Gladiator a C for Orginal Writing? Also when is the next date i can do the exam if i dont get a good grade this time?
It's one grade for the whole course. The next time you'd be able to take it would be May/June 2011 if I'm not mistaken.
Reply 8
It's one grade for the whole course. The next time you'd be able to take it would be May/June 2011 if I'm not mistaken.

ahhh o kooool, thanks anywayz. Aint there a resit in January?
No problem. Erm, I don't think so as we've been told if we don't hit our target grades in November we'll be reentered in Summer.
Reply 10
No problem. Erm, I don't think so as we've been told if we don't hit our target grades in November we'll be reentered in Summer.

oo kooool thanks mate. cheeers

Latest

Trending

Trending