The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Good luck getting into the NHS. They don't even take on entry level positions extenally (Not really anyway, they're just obliged to)
Reply 2
Original post by somethingbeautiful
I've no idea what you mean.

externally**
Reply 3
Oh no, I assumed that was what you meant. I mean to say: I don't know what the whole comment means?

Oh, well definately don't try for the NHS then.
Reply 4
What's with the sarcasm/hostility? You didn't even answer any of my questions so why bother commenting if you're only going to be a smart arse?

If my arse was smarting, you would be diagnosing me by now.
Hi, I'm wondering if any current nursing students/people who know could help me out....

Basically I did humanities at A-level and afterwords decided I wanted to be a doctor (oops) anyway I took a year out and did some fast track A-level study for Sciences but it was too fast so I left it.

Ended up going for a course that I could get into with my A-levels so I chose Philosophy because it inerested me (still does....just no careers with it). I considered teaching as career - primary school, because I want a career where I help people (I know it's cliche) and I like to work with kids. Anyway, I don't feel like teaching is right for me - I still want to work in the health profession.

So I'm thinking of Nursing. A local uni offers child nursing and it's 3 yr undergrad degree. I'd need to get some work exp and apply next year. BUT , they don't specify any particular A-levels - they just say 260 points Is that common? I thought I would need science A-levels?

So what I'm asking is, can someone with 4 non-science A-levels and an Arts degree get into nursing? Also - do I have to pay for the degree (it will be my 2nd degree ) - I read that:

''tuition fees will be £3,290 per year from 2010. This may not apply to students on NHS courses or Social Work programmes where funding may be available.''

So is nursing exempt?

Thanks so much if you managed to read all of that

No idea about funding- but no, you don't need any science based A-levels to get on a nursing degree as it's not a medicine based degree.
As far as I'm aware, nursing is one of the health professions where the NHS pays for your tuition fee through its bursary :dontknow:
Reply 7
http://www.connexions-direct.com/jobs4u/index.cfm?pid=51&catalogueContentID=351

That should give you all the info you need... and if it doesn't it will lead you to it.

Latest