The Student Room Group

How do you wear suspenders and stockings? :s

hey are there any girls who can explain this to me

I want to wear something special/sexy for the next time i see my BF

i bought stockings and they have a plasticy patch circling the top bit which i imagine is to help keep them up and on but then today I got a suspender belt (?) its basically this one

anyway i'm not sure how to attach the two. Can someone please help me?

anon because seduction loses its appeal when you see the effort behind it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

hey are there any girls who can explain this to me

I want to wear something special/sexy for the next time i see my BF

i bought stockings and they have a plasticy patch circling the top bit which i imagine is to help keep them up and on but then today I got a suspender belt (?) its basically this one

anyway i'm not sure how to attach the two. Can someone please help me?

anon because seduction loses its appeal when you see the effort behind it.

Do you mean that you bought hold ups? (I.e. stockings that don't need a suspender belt?)
Reply 3
Original post by Kaykiie

Original post by Kaykiie
Do you mean that you bought hold ups? (I.e. stockings that don't need a suspender belt?)

I think so! :s-smilie: I don't know. The only experience I have of these items of clothing are in sexy images.

I basically bought something which is like tights but without the top bit, like socks that go upto your thighs and have a stickish thing at the top

but i think they wont hold up so i bought a suspender belt but am unsure if that attaches to it, or am i to buy a different type of bottom bit to fix to the suspensions?

so confused, thanks for help though! x
It honestly sounds like you bought hold ups, the plastic makes them stay up by themselves.
Reply 5
I think the sticky bit at the top means you've bought hold-ups and they should stay where you stick them :smile:

Erm... i have no clue about suspenders tbh. Never worn those. I would imagine a strap that attaches to both the belt and the suspenders...
Reply 6
Original post by thatwhichiam

It honestly sounds like you bought hold ups, the plastic makes them stay up by themselves.

so they won't fix to the suspension? I just dont want them peeling off down my leg to soon :/ anyway thanks for your help!

Also how do girls wear them in general! so much effort and confusion - are they actually attractive to men?!?!?!? Hope he appreciates man!
You could still attach your suspender belt to the holdups though im sure.
so they won't fix to the suspension? I just dont want them peeling off down my leg to soon :/ anyway thanks for your help!

Also how do girls wear them in general! so much effort and confusion - are they actually attractive to men?!?!?!? Hope he appreciates man!

They won't affix to the belt no, I've found they only fall down if you start walking a lot (I mean, like, walking to someone's house, not around your room). Wear with nice knickers and bra and heels.
Reply 9

I think so! :s-smilie: I don't know. The only experience I have of these items of clothing are in sexy images.

I basically bought something which is like tights but without the top bit, like socks that go upto your thighs and have a stickish thing at the top

but i think they wont hold up so i bought a suspender belt but am unsure if that attaches to it, or am i to buy a different type of bottom bit to fix to the suspensions?

so confused, thanks for help though! x

You don't need to use a suspender belt with hold ups, trust me :p:

They might look like they won't stay up but they do :smile: I'd imagine a suspender belt might rip hold ups because there isn't anywhere to hook them up to :dontknow:

And yes, men do find it sexy :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10

They won't affix to the belt no, I've found they only fall down if you start walking a lot (I mean, like, walking to someone's house, not around your room). Wear with nice knickers and bra and heels.

right, weird question but - do i where my knickers over or under the suspender belt?
right, weird question but - do i where my knickers over or under the suspender belt?

Don't wear the belt with the hold ups. It'll look weird since they aren't attached. If you buy some stockings that do fix to it, I believe the knickers go under the belt.

Under, usually.
But if you want to keep them on when you...you know....put your underwear on over the suspender belt, otherwise it'll be a nuisance getting them off!
Reply 13

Don't wear the belt with the hold ups. It'll look weird since they aren't attached. If you buy some stockings that do fix to it, I believe the knickers go under the belt.

Okay right. So if i were to wear actual stockings and then wore the knickers under would i have to unclip myself all round to use the loo?
Knickers go over the belt so that the stockings stay on when the knickers come off - and yes men love them!
Reply 15
Original post by lechaton-x

:teehee: :rofl: :blush:

thanks
Reply 16
Original post by 1stDegreemorefun

wow... your a guy, how the hell do you know about these things :s-smilie: :confused:
Reply 17
wow... your a guy, how the hell do you know about these things :s-smilie: :confused:

Because men usually untangle the things.
Any man worth being called as such is a fan of stockings and supenders, they are a fabulous invention. I am rather more experienced at removing them than putting them on! But be assured, your bf will be delighted you have made the effort. And if they are hold ups do not wear the belt, it looks silly and I am assured it is less comfy - and as suggested earlier, nice heels and sexy undies will finish the look perfectly. Enjoy!!!

Guys know what they want and have to take them off lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending