The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
if anyone knows where i can find the answer atleast,please let me know as iv googled it to hell
Reply 2
If you cant find out

vodka + coke = coke bottle

red wine = ribena bottle

anything clear = water bottle

irish coffee = thermos flask

beer/whisky/blah = any non-see thru bottle

they are hardly gonna go around sniffing the bottles are they?
Reply 3
I would avoid drinking it on the train, but I don't see why you couldn't take it with you.
Reply 4
A moving train is one of the last places I would want to drink at. Can't you just wait for a couple of hours and get a drink once you reach London?
Reply 5
Stay classy.
Yes, you can take alcohol onto trains on the whole but not onto Transport for London services and you'll probably find most train stations and even some services will be covered by drink-free orders from local councils.

Also, I'll tell your right now, everyone hates you. I hate you, your fellow passengers hate you, the guard hates you, anyone that sees you will hate you. There is nothing worse than stupid teenagers drinking and being loud on a long-distance train journey. Don't be surprised if some big geordie man doesn't come over and punch you in the eye.
(edited 13 years ago)
yeah, ive seen people drink on trains out of beer cans and the ticket inspector allowed it
Reply 8
Sounds like a Friday night on the First Great Western services.

Not sure if they buy from the on-board buffet or take their own, but plenty of middle-aged and older folk drinking, as well as some younger, to start the weekend early.

:smile:
Reply 9
Stay classy, TSR.
Reply 10
Original post by Beska
Stay classy, TSR.

Already told them to, keep up, son. :awesome:
Reply 11
Original post by Cicerao
Already told them to, keep up, son. :awesome:

:ashamed:
Yes you can, tis awesomely fun.
Reply 13
I've taken a carry out on trains loads of times, and never been so much as told off. :beer: :biggrin:

If you get completely off your face and cause trouble I imagine you'll be chucked out, and maybe arrested. But if you're good then it's fine. That's on main line trains on a normal day though - the Tube is dry, and some other trains might be sometimes.

Advice page from the transport police:
http://www.btp.police.uk/passengers/advice_and_information/alcohol.aspx
Reply 14
Yes you can.
I can't remember last time I've been on the train without having a mini bottle of wine from M&S
But not in the really loud chavvy way! It's just me and my mum sharing a wee half bottle :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Beska
:ashamed:

It's okay, great minds think alike. *pats head*
Reply 16
Original post by Norfolkadam
Yes, you can take alcohol onto trains on the whole but not onto Transport for London services and you'll probably find most train stations and even some services will be covered by drink-free orders from local councils.

Also, I'll tell your right now, everyone hates you. I hate you, your fellow passengers hate you, the guard hates you, anyone that sees you will hate you. There is nothing worse than stupid teenagers drinking and being loud on a long-distance train journey. Don't be surprised if some big geordie man doesn't come over and punch you in the eye.

This TBH! Theres also nothing worse than being left with the only seat thats littered with disguarded cans and bottles as well as drinks spillage on tables/seats
As others have said, in general you can.
Exceptions being the London underground, and some other lines (this is usually advertised at the stations). For example, a lot of the south wales branch lines you cannot drink on.
No drinking on the tube or Boris will round-house kick you.
Original post by Norfolkadam

:congrats:

This.

Latest