The Student Room Group

SEO London IB Summer Internships 2011

Hello everyone.

Since SEO is sort of it's own lil charity organisation, I thought I'd just make a separate thread about it. Deadline for the summer internship is coming up, and I'm wondering if anyone has heard much? I applied about 1 month ago, and yesterday I got an invite for the numerical test. Completed it today - and have had no rejection but no invite to any verbal (though I've been told there isn't one). Does anyone know around what time interviews would start happening or anything? Any info is appreciated!

Peace guys ^^'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miyavi
Hello everyone.

Since SEO is sort of it's own lil charity organisation, I thought I'd just make a separate thread about it. Deadline for the summer internship is coming up, and I'm wondering if anyone has heard much? I applied about 1 month ago, and yesterday I got an invite for the numerical test. Completed it today - and have had no rejection but no invite to any verbal (though I've been told there isn't one). Does anyone know around what time interviews would start happening or anything? Any info is appreciated!

Peace guys ^^'

I did the numerical test around 1-2weeks ago, havent heard from them since either.
I'm going to their CV & Application workshop today in Birmingham tho.
Reply 2
Original post by siukingyiu
I did the numerical test around 1-2weeks ago, havent heard from them since either.

So you guys only did the numerical? I had to both a verbal and Numerical test through SHL..Anyone know what the next stage is if you pass the numerical?
Reply 3
Original post by khaddi
So you guys only did the numerical? I had to both a verbal and Numerical test through SHL..Anyone know what the next stage is if you pass the numerical?

Telephone Interview
Reply 4
Original post by Catsvsdogs
Telephone Interview

Competency interview? And anyone had one of these yet?
Reply 5

I don't see the point of that event today :biggrin:
Reply 6

So did you ask them about the recruitment process and when they get back to people after having done the numerical and verbal test?
Original post by khaddi

I only got an invite for the numerical which i did a month ago. what program you applying for?

I think the next stage i.e. phone interviews will commence end of this month to december/ jan.
Reply 8
Original post by wannabe_trader
I only got an invite for the numerical which i did a month ago. what program you applying for?

I think the next stage i.e. phone interviews will commence end of this month to december/ jan.

Oki cool I applied for IBD.. and you? It says on the homepage the phone interview will be a competency one around 10-15 min long... Anyone had one of these previously with SEO?
Reply 9
I did numerical test last week and I applie 1 or 2 months ago. How comes some people have done verbals and some haven't? That's weird.
Reply 10
Original post by san1991
I did numerical test last week and I applie 1 or 2 months ago. How comes some people have done verbals and some haven't? That's weird.

Yeha looks like I am the only guy so far having done a verbal test... But did you all guys do your tests through SHL? Cause if yes I wonder why I had to do a verbal and not you guys..
Different tests for different programs.
Reply 12
I guess IBD= Verbals as well

Weird considering, you'd think Sales would be a role more relevant to whatever the 'verbal' test.. does.. or whatever.. you get my drift
Hey guys,

I read on the SEO website that they recommend on a rolling basis. Is this in fact accurate because as far as I'm aware, we won't get phone/personal interviews till December/January. I'm probably asking this, question because I'm an idiot for leaving the submission of my application till tonight (I can't stop refining, it's like a medical condition!) but any insight/relief anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Reply 14
Original post by aspiringmathematician
Hey guys,

I read on the SEO website that they recommend on a rolling basis. Is this in fact accurate because as far as I'm aware, we won't get phone/personal interviews till December/January. I'm probably asking this, question because I'm an idiot for leaving the submission of my application till tonight (I can't stop refining, it's like a medical condition!) but any insight/relief anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

From my experince and what I can understand from ppl here they do not really seem to recruit on a rolling basis, since many has already done the verbal and numerical tests ages ago without hearing anything back so...
Original post by khaddi
From my experince and what I can understand from ppl here they do not really seem to recruit on a rolling basis, since many has already done the verbal and numerical tests ages ago without hearing anything back so...

Thanks khaddi. Good luck :smile:
Phone interviews for professional services have already started. I have heard of a few who have had them already. Also verbal tests are only for professional service and (i think) IBD. Antone got a reply after completing test(s) for roles in IB?
Reply 17
Original post by wannabe_trader
Phone interviews for professional services have already started. I have heard of a few who have had them already. Also verbal tests are only for professional service and (i think) IBD. Antone got a reply after completing test(s) for roles in IB?

No reply here so far...
Reply 18
i have currently been asked to attend the assessment centre.
Reply 19
Original post by shahidk
i have currently been asked to attend the assessment centre.

For IBD?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending