The Student Room Group

Goldman Sachs Networking Event

Hello all,

I'll soon be attending a GS network event. Can anyone tell me exactly what one is like, and if the chances of securing some type of work experience/job is possible? I know people always talk about networking etc to get a job, but i never really thought these organised networking events ever amounted to much.

I have a lot of work to do, and dont know if taking a day out of my schedule to attend is worth it. What do I stand to gain?

thanx
Depends. What level is this - university, sixth form...

I've used the follow-up from organised mass-networking events to my advantage. Ultimately all an event can do is give you a chance to expose yourself. How proactive you are during the event and after, coupled with how impressive you are anyway will all be factors in being offered work experience/internships etc.
Reply 2
synaesthesia

I've used the follow-up from organised mass-networking events to my advantage. Ultimately all an event can do is give you a chance to expose yourself. How proactive you are during the event and after, coupled with how impressive you are anyway will all be factors in being offered work experience/internships etc.

thanks for replying

its university level...i haven't seen the event advertised on the goldman sachs website. It's supposed to be a small intimate affair.
synaesthesia

That's a roundabout way of saying 'no, it won't get you a job'.

If you're very lucky, you'll get experience.

Go with questions, get them answered.

Latest

Trending

Trending