The Student Room Group

Was my drink spiked?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by askew116
No, they were really cool about it. They asked if I wanted to make a statement, they'd contact the bar for CCTV footage, see who spiked my drink, so I was there for a few hours after waking up. The phone was insured, although I'd used it for all my holiday photos, so they were all gone, which is what I was most upset about.

They gave me a bit of a lecture about not leaving drinks unattended, which is the least I deserved I guess. The real punishment was the humiliation of them showing me the footage from their car of the stuff I was doing! :eek: The reality of something like that happening, especially while in a foreign country, really brought home how all the advice which you hear but think 'yeah yeah, nothing will happen to me', but how you really should pay attention to it,

Oh ok. They sound helpful there, cops. Did the person get caught?
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
Oh ok. They sound helpful there, cops. Did the person get caught?

I've no idea. I flew home a couple of days later and heard nothing more about it.
Original post by askew116
I've no idea. I flew home a couple of days later and heard nothing more about it.

Apparently when I was spiked, the cops warned me that they'd take me away for drunk and disorderly. I have no memory of anything so this could be a lie...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending