The Student Room Group

The most boring/dull sports, what's the appeal?

Scroll to see replies

Crazy golf is lots of fun to play :biggrin:. I'm not really someone who likes to watch sport anyway, I prefer to play it.
Reply 81
Original post by Fuzzed_Out
Once you get into F1 and understand some of the behind the scenes stuff it is incredible, in my opinion the most multi layered sport out there.

Damn right! I'm sick of people saying 'F1 is boring'. Maybe it was 7 years ago when Schumacher used to win every race....but in recent years it's been incredible, and 2010 was one of the best seasons in the history of the sport.

2011 could be even better...what with KERS, moveable rear wings, and possibly an improved Mercedes team (meaning Schumacher could be in the hunt for the title and racing against Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso, etc)....I simply can't wait for the new season to begin!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by AP1989
Boring to YOU.

Lack of physical ability - is that the sort of answer you were looking for?

Well, I don't watch any sports other than F1 and occasionally motorcycle racing and touring cars. These are real man's sports....everything else is tame in comparison.
Reply 83
Original post by Neil_K
I don't get why people watch boring sports such as....

Golf
Cricket
Snooker
Darts
Lawn green bowling

Although I'm not a football or rugby fan, at least those sports are not 'dull'. But the ones I listed above....geez, what is the appeal? I think I'd be more excited watching paint dry!

What other sports do you consider to be 'dull' or 'boring'?

snooker is not boring, you have no idea what you're talking about
Original post by Neil_K
I don't get why people watch boring sports such as....

Golf
Cricket
Snooker
Darts

Lawn green bowling

Although I'm not a football or rugby fan, at least those sports are not 'dull'. But the ones I listed above....geez, what is the appeal? I think I'd be more excited watching paint dry!

What other sports do you consider to be 'dull' or 'boring'?

The love the 4 sports above. Golf can be captavating at times, did you not watch the Ryder Cup?

Cricket is one of my favourite sports, to watch and play. There are so many individual battles in a game of cricket, and lots of skill sets involved. Twenty20 has got a lot more people involved with cricket, and is no doubt very exciting, but I still prefer test match cricket.

Snooker and Darts are the ultimate skill sports. Both require a different type of 'athlete', if you want to called them that. Have you actually tried playing snooker and darts? On TV they make it look easy, in reality it's anything but. Plus, I'd love to go and watch the darts, it'sbasically one big piss up!
I guess it's all down to opinion. I'd much rather watch golf or darts than football.

Quick Reply

Latest