The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .Ali.
There are racist white people, yes, but there are racist people of every race. I think it's unfair to say it's only white people who do this.

Yeah I agree, I just have nothing useful to say in this thread.
Reply 221
Original post by Yawn11
Edit to be more specific: I MEANT WHY ARE THEY AUTOMATICALLY CALLED BLACK AS OPPOSED TO BEING WHITE? THEY'RE 50-50 IN GENES AFTER ALL.

Just a random observation. Like every now and then in history this person will be the "first black" person to achieve so and so, and then they tend to be actually mix raced.

For example:

Best Golfer - Tiger woods - mix race (except it wasn't white mixed in).

First black guy to win racing tournament - Lewis Hamilton - Mix race.

First black president - barack obama - mix race.

First black MP - forget her name - but she was mixrace.

I mean wtf? Do white people just cast out their own as soon as their diluted?

maybe because in most cases is because the fathers black?
Original post by Yawn11
Edit to be more specific: I MEANT WHY ARE THEY AUTOMATICALLY CALLED BLACK AS OPPOSED TO BEING WHITE? THEY'RE 50-50 IN GENES AFTER ALL.

Just a random observation. Like every now and then in history this person will be the "first black" person to achieve so and so, and then they tend to be actually mix raced.

For example:

We are really important to you guys, it's unbeliveable, pages and pages and topics and topics about us (lol)
Reply 223
I also noticed this and think it's mainly to do with ignorance.

For example, many (often right-wing) american citizens would consider Barack Obama as black, simply because of his appearance.

It's actually rather annoying, personally: why is Barack Obama considered black, and not white? He is 50: 50, after all.

I just think it's because of ignorance, and people don't actually care about people's ethnic make-up, some just label you on the basis of your skin-colour.

NOTE: I can understand why so many people are getting the wrong end of the stick, because this thread is titled TERRIBLY. If I didn't read the first post, I would've ranted at you!!!
Reply 224
Original post by Yawn11

For example:

"black genes" are dominant and the whites like to be dominant and don't like to see their "white genes" take a second role...

Latest

Trending

Trending