The Student Room Group

Audiology advice anyone??

Hey Guys,

Only just joined TSR :smile: but lemme get straight to the point lol :

Audiology isn't something I’ve always wanted to do, but it's now definitely interested me and ISN'T any back up for medicine. I wanted to do medicine, preferred this instead when I read more articles on the career and the issues on hearing problems on the NHS website.

I haven't got any experience at an audiologist yet, but only hospital volunteering with the elderly (who have dementia + other disabilities) and helping children at schools to build my communication skills and see what I'm like around... people :P I've learned how important hearing is.
I haven't really been inspired by a deaf member in my family, but I do have a friend who was deaf from birth, but can still study as she has a hearing aid and a microphone thing that the teacher puts around their neck. This really got me interested. I know this might all be vague information, but does Audiology seem right for me? I've already had a bad year at AS with family problems at home + revision skills.

Predicted grades ABB, Manchester Southampton, Leeds, de Montfort and Swansea.
Is maths and physics needed for this course? I didn't do physics but did AS maths.
I now have Biology, Chemistry and French. (Languages is a hobby and possibly helpful for future career plans if maybe abroad)
Do I have to get Audiology experience before my interviews?
What do I wear to the interview for Audiology?

So far I have a conditional from Southampton :biggrin:
I also have been offered a place at Leeds, but not an interview, instead invited me to an open day - do I still dress formally? [Specific clothing item? as my fashion sense is null] :confused:
and lastly: Why do YOU guys wanna do Audiology and what's happened so far? I can't find or meet anyone who's doing the same course as me :frown:

Now finally my blabble is over, and thanks in advance to whoever gives me advice and bothers reading this. I'm just in the state where I cannot fail more in life in terms of A levels and getting into uni + a career I want.

Thank You so Much =)

Quick Reply

Latest