The Student Room Group

Best pen for essay based exams

What is your favourite pen for essay based exams? I always find that my hand slips which is really frustrating, and I can't use a fountain pen or inkball cos im left handed and it smudges. I find that the cheap bic ballpoints dont actually write half the time frustratingly. Share your thoughts

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bonana567

What is your favourite pen for essay based exams? I always find that my hand slips which is really frustrating, and I can't use a fountain pen or inkball cos im left handed and it smudges. I find that the cheap bic ballpoints dont actually write half the time frustratingly. Share your thoughts

Any one that writes, usually ballpoint ones.

Remember to bring a **** load of them just in case anything happens.
Reply 2
Lol...

I usually like black ink pens. Mainly because they write so smooth and show my writing so much clearly. With ball points my writing gets sloppy and I feel the pen drags. Gosh.
I always take the Zebra Z-Grip pens, they make my writing look really neat and write smoothly and quickly! They also come in quite large packs so you'll have lots of back ups :smile:

Edit: Just realised how nerdy this sounds.
(edited 13 years ago)
i can't believe there is a thread on what your fave pen is to use in an exam :facepalm2:
Reply 5
paper mate 2020 anytime
Reply 6
This is such an anal thread...and damnit I quite like it.

Two Bic blue ballpoints every time. I had a ritual of buying them on the first day of an exam period. They got me through several 4 hour exams before.
Reply 7
Bic standard black ballpoint pen. Always has been..always will be.
A black bic, which ive been using a bit beforehand. Like, its got half the ink left in it. That way its runny and you dont need to press hard, and usually works right away.

Bic biros, in black = <3. I also cant use gel pens/ fountain pens and the like because I smudge it.
These, always :love:
Parker Jotter and 3 replacement ink cartridges to be safe :smile:
Reply 12
I quite like my 'super-write 9000i' or the 'x-ink 3000'
I use a standard BIC "Leap Ahead" pen with a rubber grip, but I've modified it with an Intel Core i7-980X so when ever I click the top it goes-
Reply 14
Original post by callupjah
No. You sound like a infantile, conservative propaganda bot, spamming out vast swathes of inane comments about things you are in no way qualified to judge upon.

So true
Reply 15
Original post by ChopinNocturne
These, always :love:

I'm tempted to buy them off Amazon to see what they're like. :K:
Original post by wizz_kid
paper mate 2020 anytime

My favourite pen <3
Reply 17
Good old biro, especially if you're left-handed. No smudges.
I'm left handed and I just use black biros... cheap, come in large packs and they're reliable.
whatever ones the exam invigilators have to give out:awesome:
i'm thinking of buying myself a really expensive pen before my exam next week though as a..confidence booster? i dunno

Quick Reply

Latest