The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by original_username
How do you know they only took 25?

I work in HMRC and the numbers were published internally.
Original post by bananascooby
I work in HMRC and the numbers were published internally.

Bet they were all current HMRC employees too. Had about 5 people there at the time that already worked for HMRC and were 25+. I was the only one there on my assessment day that was still a student and felt as though I was just making up the numbers tbh.

They said there was over 100 places at the time, what a load of crap.
Bet they were all current HMRC employees too. Had about 5 people there at the time that already worked for HMRC and were 25+. I was the only one there on my assessment day that was still a student and felt as though I was just making up the numbers tbh.

They said there was over 100 places at the time, what a load of crap.

Out of the 25 only 5 were HMRC employees! At my AC there was only me and one other who were not students, so it's not that straightforward.
Reply 183
Standard bull****, group, role play, written exercise

Hi,

Could you explain a little on the written exercise never had any at the ACs I've been. Thanks
Original post by chillo
Hi,

Could you explain a little on the written exercise never had any at the ACs I've been. Thanks

Well last year it was writing a report advising a company how they should invest X amount of money iirc after being given the different possibilities of schemes. I messed it up by not reading properly :rolleyes:

Same with any AC, you get all the information in the brief so nothing to worry about.
Reply 185
Well last year it was writing a report advising a company how they should invest X amount of money iirc after being given the different possibilities of schemes. I messed it up by not reading properly :rolleyes:

Same with any AC, you get all the information in the brief so nothing to worry about.

Cool thanks
Reply 186
Hi All,

I haven't received any email regarding dates....has anyone else had this problem??
Original post by MissRach
Hi All,

I haven't received any email regarding dates....has anyone else had this problem??

I haven't had anything either.
I received an email last week which stated that I would be notified if I was successful at the app form stage on the 14th.
Hi

Lots of people saying they expect to get results from application stage today - has anyone heard yet? My application status is still the same! Submitted my app in October and getting fed up waiting!!
Original post by NICK_LAIDLAW
Hi

Lots of people saying they expect to get results from application stage today - has anyone heard yet? My application status is still the same! Submitted my app in October and getting fed up waiting!!

I got the email but I'm still haven't heard anything. I submitted my app in Sep!
Nothing here either. I got the email saying I could expect an email today so it's a bit frustrating not to have heard anything - why bother saying anything at all!

I'm expecting a rejection anyway, but it would still be good to hear after so long.
I just got a the email to say I have been successful and passed to the next stage the Regional Assessment Centre they will send a email on the 22nd December

Hope they got it right :p:
No email, but the status of my application has changed to unsuccessful - no surprise there really.
Original post by coolh5000
No email, but the status of my application has changed to unsuccessful - no surprise there really.

bad luck :frown: these always next year if you are still at uni

I am somewhat shocked because I have pretty much failed every online test, its all about practice I guess

I did this one before the civil service scheme and I failed that one

not to rub it in
Original post by WhatTheFunk
bad luck :frown: these always next year if you are still at uni

I am somewhat shocked because I have pretty much failed every online test, its all about practice I guess

I did this one before the civil service scheme and I failed that one

not to rub it in

That's okay :smile: Congratulations on getting through - I hope it goes well for you.

I was rejected from the civil service too, but I've done reasonably well on the tests for some other schemes so I guess it's a case of you win some, you lose some. I'll definitely look at everywhere again next year if nothing comes up this year.
I applied on the off chance and no surprise was also unsuccessful, really didn't expect to get through, that numerical test taught me a new meaning of the word girth lol =D Let's hope some of the interns i've applied for have some better news.

Congrats to everyone who got through though.
Well done to whoever got through. I was unsuccessful which is gutting because I didn't feel I had done any worse than when I applied last year. The regional assessment is childs play with maths questions that are insultingly easy and if you were good at any subject that involved writing essays/ reports then the written part of it shouldn't pose too many problems for you either.

Good luck on the rest of the process. Guess I'll have to apply to some that I have no real desire to do after failing at varying stages of all my applications since september. FML.
Well done to whoever got through. I was unsuccessful which is gutting because I didn't feel I had done any worse than when I applied last year. The regional assessment is childs play with maths questions that are insultingly easy and if you were good at any subject that involved writing essays/ reports then the written part of it shouldn't pose too many problems for you either.

Good luck on the rest of the process. Guess I'll have to apply to some that I have no real desire to do after failing at varying stages of all my applications since september. FML.

Didn't get through either. Pretty sure I got 100% in the numerical test, but it was my first verbal reasoning test so never mind. I thought I did really well to be honest :s
I got through! On the site it is still showing as under review like others, but email sent. The whole system is a bit crap - it was last year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending