The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
I'm guessing it counts for both stages, as it was a large part of the RAC. They surely couldn't have made a decision on the numerical & verbal reasoning alone as I would never have got through!
Reply 381
Goodness me! 2 hours of group discussions, 2 hours (90 min + 30 min) of analytical exercise and 1 hour-long roleplay, what a day!

a bit gutted that we will have to wait until May 11 for the results, since last year ACs were held until end of March and they had the result on the 28th of April, so just one month of waiting.. maybe the key phrase is BY and we actually get them sooner =))
Reply 382
Original post by Ksenny
Goodness me! 2 hours of group discussions, 2 hours (90 min + 30 min) of analytical exercise and 1 hour-long roleplay, what a day!

a bit gutted that we will have to wait until May 11 for the results, since last year ACs were held until end of March and they had the result on the 28th of April, so just one month of waiting.. maybe the key phrase is BY and we actually get them sooner =))

That's what I thought, it's a long time to wait. It was bad enough waiting the last 2 weeks!
3 months wait to find out what a joke
I chased up to find out when I would hear back from the RAC and have just received an email saying that they are "in the process of sifting reuslts from the regional centres and all candidates should be advised over the next few weeks"
Next few weeks !!! so the ACs could be going on for quite a while.
Reply 385
I got the same email, a few more weeks to wait for an outcome. Although it is understandable with the wait this year as they are apparently recruiting over 200 people this year.
Anyone received the details for the bed and breakfast arranged?
The email asks us to take a utility bill to the assessment day, but I dont have one.... :confused:

Do you think a bank statement will do?
Original post by eddburrows
The email asks us to take a utility bill to the assessment day, but I dont have one.... :confused:

Do you think a bank statement will do?

I suppose bank statements would be fine as they only want proof of your address.
anyone got their assessment centre on the 20th? also where have people heard about 200 jobs, if thats right thats great :smile: good luck to those still waiting
Reply 390
HMRC website gives the figure of 210, so it is indeed true ))
and also according to 'banascooby' they are taking 700 to the AC, so that's 3.3 candidates per place.. apparantly this is the best year to be applying =)
Reply 391
Original post by chrisbeale
anyone got their assessment centre on the 20th? also where have people heard about 200 jobs, if thats right thats great :smile: good luck to those still waiting

I've got mine on 20th, where are you coming from?
Reply 392
Original post by Ksenny
HMRC website gives the figure of 210, so it is indeed true ))
and also according to 'banascooby' they are taking 700 to the AC, so that's 3.3 candidates per place.. apparantly this is the best year to be applying =)

Can you post the link to that please? I can't see it anywhere but it is indeed good news!
Reply 393
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/graduate/

'The recruitment process opened on 19 September 2011 to recruit for 210 places on the HMRC Tax Professional Development Programme.'
Reply 394
Thanks! Better focus on my attention to detail!!!
Reply 395
Original post by PJC14
Thanks! Better focus on my attention to detail!!!

Yes, that could be useful on the day =)) just joking :smile:
Original post by PJC14
I've got mine on 20th, where are you coming from?

Im coming from Northampton. So less than an hour away so not too bad. How about you?

Thats great odds :smile:
Reply 397
I found out today, I've been invited to the Assessment Centre on 29th February :-) annoyingly though, I'm going to the theatre the night before (in London). It was a christmas present from my boyfriend and I can't change the tickets, but if I do go I won't be able to get to Coventry for 7pm that evening...and if I don't stay the night I guess I may be at a disadvantage as I'll be the only person who hasn't met anyone already they next day... grr! I never have any plans ever, this is like the 1 worst day they could have picked. :-(
Reply 398
Original post by hambunny123
Anyone received the details for the bed and breakfast arranged?

Hambunny123, our accommodation is in the actual conference centre at the uni. Check out the site, fabulous facility!

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/conferences

The day that I'm going, we're in Arden.

It all sounds very intense for the day from the outline email doesn't it? Reckon we'll all sleep well the night after! Dunno bout the night before though!! Accommodation looks great, I did wonder if it would be halls when I realised we were staying on campus! Very plush though, nice and comfy for hopefully a good nights sleep!

Will look forward to meeting you Ksenny! I'll be the one with the rose in my lapel! Hee hee! :wink:
Original post by swish2k
Hambunny123, our accommodation is in the actual conference centre at the uni. Check out the site, fabulous facility!

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/conferences

The day that I'm going, we're in Arden.

It all sounds very intense for the day from the outline email doesn't it? Reckon we'll all sleep well the night after! Dunno bout the night before though!! Accommodation looks great, I did wonder if it would be halls when I realised we were staying on campus! Very plush though, nice and comfy for hopefully a good nights sleep!

Will look forward to meeting you Ksenny! I'll be the one with the rose in my lapel! Hee hee! :wink:

Wow, it looks nice. Thanks alot, didn't realise that they booked us in at the conference hall itself:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending