The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Biochemistry at Warwick

Hi there,
just wondering if there was anyone else out there thinking of putting down Warwick as thier firm for Biochemistry :smile:?
And if so, any particular reasons that make you want to choose it over other universities?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey there,
I'm thinking of putting down Warwick as my firm, mainly because from what I've experience it's a great university. I've been there a couple times to do chemistry/biology related things and each time I've found the teaching staff to be extremely helpful. Also, since the university is relatively new they seem to have really up-to-date equipment.
So yeah, I just think that it is a good university overall :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by mrsonicsean
Hey there,
I'm thinking of putting down Warwick as my firm, mainly because from what I've experience it's a great university. I've been there a couple times to do chemistry/biology related things and each time I've found the teaching staff to be extremely helpful. Also, since the university is relatively new they seem to have really up-to-date equipment.
So yeah, I just think that it is a good university overall :smile:

Hiya :smile:
Do you by any chance know how good warwick is regared for biochemistry specifically :smile:?
Oooo and where else you considering if you dont mind me asking?
:biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Butterflyeffect
Hiya :smile:
Do you by any chance know how good warwick is regared for biochemistry specifically :smile:?
Oooo and where else you considering if you dont mind me asking?
:biggrin:

Well, the chemistry department at Warwick is very good, and they are pretty good for biosciences. As far as I can tell, Warwick is up in the top 20 at least for it (not too sure on the exact place, I really need to find out).
I've also applied to:
Bath, Durham, Bristol and Sussex (back up choice).
I'm still waiting for offers back from Bristol and Durham.
How about you?
Well, the chemistry department at Warwick is very good, and they are pretty good for biosciences. As far as I can tell, Warwick is up in the top 20 at least for it (not too sure on the exact place, I really need to find out).
I've also applied to:
How about you?

Yeah i really wish they did league tables for biochem! i mean, i know it doesn't count for much, but would be nice to know :smile:
Nice choices :smile:
For me; Bath, York + Warwick = Offers
1 rejection
and Durham, I am still waiting!
How you finding the good old A2 exams?! :cool:
I've also applied to:
How about you?

Hey, have you been put in the mysterious hold category from Bristol? I've had offers from my other choices but still awaiting Bristol like many of us it seems.
Reply 6
Yeah i really wish they did league tables for biochem! i mean, i know it doesn't count for much, but would be nice to know :smile:
Nice choices :smile:
For me; Bath, York + Warwick = Offers
1 rejection
and Durham, I am still waiting!
How you finding the good old A2 exams?! :cool:

Ah, I'm still waiting on Durham too... god I wish they would hurry up!
And I have my first A2 exam on monday (biology OCR - Communication, Homeostasis and Energy) so... should be exciting :P
They really do need league tables for biochemistry, just because it's an awesome subject.

Original post by kbountra
Hey, have you been put in the mysterious hold category from Bristol? I've had offers from my other choices but still awaiting Bristol like many of us it seems.

Yeah, they said I'm in a last "hold" category and will find out in February if I have an offer or not. To be honest, I think I prefer Warwick to Bristol, but I'd like it if Bristol actually got round to either telling me if I had an offer or not so I could pick my firm and insurance choice.
Ah, I'm still waiting on Durham too... god I wish they would hurry up!
And I have my first A2 exam on monday (biology OCR - Communication, Homeostasis and Energy) so... should be exciting :P
They really do need league tables for biochemistry, just because it's an awesome subject.

Yeah, they said I'm in a last "hold" category and will find out in February if I have an offer or not. To be honest, I think I prefer Warwick to Bristol, but I'd like it if Bristol actually got round to either telling me if I had an offer or not so I could pick my firm and insurance choice.

I'm torn between Warwick and Sheffield atm. I really liked the Warwick campus which had a great feel and the course looked good but I've heard that Warwick is stronger in other areas. Sheffield's department is set in a stunning red brick building and they have had many renowned Biochemists teaching there such as Krebs...plus they are ranked 3rd in the country for biosciences by the times.
Then there is Bristol which also really appeals to me.....
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
I'm torn between Warwick and Sheffield atm. I really liked the Warwick campus which had a great feel and the course looked good but I've heard that Warwick is stronger in other areas. Sheffield's department is set in a stunning red brick building and they have had many renowned Biochemists teaching there such as Krebs...plus they are ranked 3rd in the country for biosciences by the times.

I went for both Warwick and Sheffield, anyone got offers from Warwick yet?
Original post by Hirseyi

Yeah got Warwick ABB...are you going to one of their ucas days?

Yeah, I didn't apply to Sheffield but Bristol really appealed to me as well. I still think I might pick Warwick though, mainly because they just had a £22million chemistry development.

Original post by Hirseyi

Yeah I've got ABB like kbountra.

Yeah got Warwick ABB...are you going to one of their ucas days?

Yeah I am, which date are you going on? I'm down for the 16th February.
Reply 11
Yeah, I didn't apply to Sheffield but Bristol really appealed to me as well. I still think I might pick Warwick though, mainly because they just had a £22million chemistry development.

Yeah I've got ABB like kbountra.

Yeah I am, which date are you going on? I'm down for the 16th February.

Woop got mine today ABB boys xD
Original post by Hirseyi
Woop got mine today ABB boys xD

Ah well done man. You thinking of putting Warwick as your first choice?
ABB :smile:
Still need to book a UCAS day though, ooopss :O
ABB :smile:
Still need to book a UCAS day though, ooopss :O

If you go on the 16th February I may see you there haha.
Reply 15
Ah well done man. You thinking of putting Warwick as your first choice?

Yeah probably =]
and Queen marys as my insurance.
Original post by Hirseyi
Yeah probably =]
and Queen marys as my insurance.

Ah cool. It's nice to know some other people are doing Biochemistry at Warwick (I haven't come across anyone at my sixth form who has applied for it).
Reply 17
Ah cool. It's nice to know some other people are doing Biochemistry at Warwick (I haven't come across anyone at my sixth form who has applied for it).

ahh same, no one in my school is even doing biochem, they're all applying for psychology or sociology.
Reply 18
Who's thinking of Bath/Exeter Biochemistry? :smile:
Reply 19
What is your offer from bath ? I'm still waiting on them and Durham

Got offers from York(year in industry) ABB Leeds AAB and Warwick ABB

Quick Reply

Latest