The Student Room Group

need help with a letter asking for work experience!

Well my Uncle owns a cattle farm and offered to help me find work experience with some of his local vets, however I need to write them a letter stating what I'd like to do ect and I don't want to mess it up, any tips?
:smile:
Be polite, enthusiastic and to the point.
Reply 2
For mine i just mentioned that i was doing my A-levels in XYZ, and I wanted to be a vet and therefore wanted to gain some work experience at a practice. Would it be possible to do work exp on these dates ..... / / till / / .... and include all dates you could possibly do, and include how long you want to do work exp there for, etc....
Just Keep it short and they won't mind :smile:
Good luck!
Reply 3
might be worth preparing a CV as well. most places won't ask for one but some of the busier ones might. nice to be prepared as the first time somebody asked me for one i had a bit of a panic and had to quickly modify one of my work CVs to include all my work experience!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Qru
OP
Thanks all of you! :smile:
I rang up to ask whether they do work exp. and who I'd need to address a letter to.

I included this:

-- my name, age, that I am studying a levels at ____ college/VI form
-- that I need work exp. for vet med course
-- what +ve qualities I have which make them allow me to do work experience
-- that if they would like a reference from my school tutor I can provide that upon request
-- what dates I'm available
-- contact details
-- CV which included all GCSES, current subjects, predicted grades, employment status, date of birth, my address/mob. number, personal qualities, list of achievements and certificates

Most did not reply to me. Sometimes I rang them up and politely asked if they got my letter and that I hadn't heard back from them. Normally then they would say they can't offer within those dates, but would offer me if any other dates were ok, or would give me a place straight away after they realise I was being serious about getting a placement there.

Good luck and be prepared for rejections!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending