The Student Room Group

The Oxford UNIQ Summer Schools Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tooambitious
does anybody know when application close? i have exams until the 25th, i would like to leave it until afetr then tbh

23 February :smile:

Original post by anuradha_d
Hi, quezzie

What kind of GCSEs are you looking to have achieved to get on this?

Ta :smile:

It's contextualised so I don't think it's possible to say exactly - particularly as other criteria are also relevant. This link may help.
(edited 12 years ago)
Nope Physics
AND OMHAJSFAKDBFBFG.

physics, yuck :P, which subjects are you doing?
physics, yuck :P, which subjects are you doing?

You went there. -_-

Umm Phys, Maths A2, Further, Chem and la Music <3

Youss?
You went there. -_-

Umm Phys, Maths A2, Further, Chem and la Music <3

Youss?

interesting mix :smile:,
i just realised im an idiot, my friend did GCSE maths in year 8, i was just trying to show, maths is one of those things people do early, AS in year 8 would not be an average mathematician haha
interesting mix :smile:,
i just realised im an idiot, my friend did GCSE maths in year 8, i was just trying to show, maths is one of those things people do early, AS in year 8 would not be an average mathematician haha

I almost choked when you told me that!

What subjects are you doing?
I almost choked when you told me that!

What subjects are you doing?

maths, further, french and economics :smile:
Woo, other people who want to apply! Anyone else hoping to go and do Chemistry? :3
maths, further, french and economics :smile:

That's more interesting than mine.
That's more interesting than mine.

i suppose, but ive never studied music properly (KS3 only), so it seems 'out-there' :P
i suppose, but ive never studied music properly (KS3 only), so it seems 'out-there' :P

Music is the shizzle.
Did you apply to CUSU shadowing scheme?
I really want to go to the chemistry summer school!!
Music is the shizzle.
Did you apply to CUSU shadowing scheme?

I was really bad at it,
No I didn't know about it :frown:, just looked it looks really good :frown:
Original post by IPlayThePiccolo
chemistry is my hardest one but love biology and French. Doing an exchange this year :biggrin: So what kinda stuff are you gonna write about in your PS for UNIQ? I'm rather proud I got mine down to EXACTLY 2000 characters
You're probably the only person who has finished their PS already! (most won't have even started yet...)
Original post by fluteflute
You're probably the only person who has finished their PS already! (most won't have even started yet...)

It's cos I've got you making me excited :biggrin: I'm pretty much ready to apply as soon as it opens in.. 4 days, 15 hours, 43 minutes... :colone:
Anyone thinking about applying for Earth Sciences this year? I went on the summer school last year and it was fantastic, probably the highlight of my summer (nerdy I know but it was genuinely fun!), and I think it really helped my application (OK so Oxford rejected me, but that's 'cause I screwed up my interviews :tongue:). If anyone has any questions about it I'll do my best to answer them (earth science or just general). Good luck to all applicants! If you're considering it, it's definitely worth applying.
Agree with the above poster but for history, am happy to offer any help :biggrin:
Original post by Lricketts
I really want to go to the chemistry summer school!!

wooo for chemistry!

I've started mine :biggrin:
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
I've started mine :biggrin:
Well I've finished mine. About ten months ago actually... :wink:

What subject are you going for this time?
Well I've finished mine. About ten months ago actually... :wink:

What subject are you going for this time?

Spanish :smile: Languages don't really get many applicants so hopefully I wouldn't be stealing anyone's place haha.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending