The Student Room Group

The Oxford UNIQ Summer Schools Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
I'm not liking that stat :frown: ohhh.
Reply 781
I was going to go for Theology, augwadiausgdcik why didn't I?! 55% success rate as well, damn. I thought History would be very popular but 70% success rate...wow, whoever picked History you've got a v. big chance of getting in! Good luck guys :smile:
Reply 782
Original post by jordan0141
I got my letter today :P I got a place in medicine and chemistry at St Andrews, yey I'm excited!!

Me too! :biggrin:
Original post by calxoxox
Thanks, I was at St Andrews open day when my mum called to tell me today so it was all very exciting haha :smile:

I'm from Scotland so I sat standard grades and got nine grade 1s. Also, I'm from a pretty rubbish school (named the worst in Scotland a while ago :colondollar:) with barely anyone going to universities such as St Andrews, or anywhere near to Oxbridge.

At the time of application I didn't receive ema but was eligible for the £30, so I had to choose 'eligible but not in receipt'. Really thought that would stop me from getting a place!

Well good luck! What did you apply for? :smile:

medicine

i got similar grades, went to a school that was not the best, nor the worst.

cambridge sutton:smile:
well done to everyone who got accepted

if it is to happen, i hope i join you!
Original post by calxoxox
Me too! :biggrin:

I shall see you there! 1 other person from my school has been accepted so far
Original post by TheatreLovely
44% for German. I'm so glad I didn't apply for French, which is 17%, but I still don't think I will have got in, because my personal statement was really awful - I just re-read it and cringed about five times. I wish I hadn't focused on trying to sound clever about literature.

I hope the letter comes tomorrow. In a way, I feel quite good because this is poof that German is the least popular out of French, Spanish and German, so when I eventually apply to uni there will (hopefully) be less competition.

Do you know the acceptance rate for Spanish by any chance? :smile:

Thanks! :cookie:
Original post by Banoffeepie16

Apparently its 27%
Oooooh, 15/24 earth science applicants got in, 62%, this is looking good... Really need to know now!!!
I'm actually most worried about whether my tutor did the reference thing. I told him about the fact I was applying and he had to do something for my application, but I never followed it up and asked if he had done it. Crap.
Original post by FuzzySheep
I'm actually most worried about whether my tutor did the reference thing. I told him about the fact I was applying and he had to do something for my application, but I never followed it up and asked if he had done it. Crap.

I wouldn't worry too much. All the tutor has to do is respond to an enquiry from UNIQ to say that the GCSE grades you have declared are correct iirc, so that wouldn't be too difficult for him. It's not a full UCAS-style reference by any means.
Reply 791
Original post by FuzzySheep

I've just lurked so far, but I applied too and I'm in the exact same position! I told my tutor that Oxford would probably email her asking about grades, but she never told me whether or not they did, and I know there was a long period of time where she didn't check her emails. So I've no idea whether or not she's done it. I just keep telling myself that surely they'd have contacted me if she never replied?

I suppose I'll find out soon enough :frown:
13% for Physics D:
Original post by Festina lente
I wouldn't worry too much. All the tutor has to do is respond to an enquiry from UNIQ to say that the GCSE grades you have declared are correct iirc, so that wouldn't be too difficult for him. It's not a full UCAS-style reference by any means.

What reference thing?
FML.
Original post by Banoffeepie16

27% good luck!
Original post by tarazzle
I was going to go for Theology, augwadiausgdcik why didn't I?! 55% success rate as well, damn. I thought History would be very popular but 70% success rate...wow, whoever picked History you've got a v. big chance of getting in! Good luck guys :smile:

:frown: whoever picked History: Race and Protest has a 70% chance of getting in....for those of us that picked just straight forward History the success rate is 21%, a little over 1 in 5 :s-smilie:.....ARGH I didn't pick "Race and Protest" because I thought I was on holiday on those dates, but I could have had a 70% chance of getting in, seeing as I am actually able to attend :facepalm:
Original post by tehforum
What reference thing?
FML.

On the form, you put down contact details for your school. It's so that UNIQ can check what you've said about your grades, as this isn't the same as UCAS. It's not a reference as such, just a double-check that the info on the form is correct. UNIQ do this direct with your school, not through you.
Please don't worry about it, it won't have been difficult for her at all, you didn't need to warn her as the email from UNIQ will have explained and the info is quite straightforward.
Good luck :smile:
oh wow 24 people applying for 10 places with Egyptology, can't wait to get the letter!!
Er... GUYS... I SWEAR that I remember from the application form that they email the teachers AFTER you've been accepted!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending