The Student Room Group

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by cambo211
I ordered it a day before you :unimpressed:

Ouch. I'm sure they are just working through dispatching them all today in no particular order, keep checking :yep:
Reckon this'll sell out in store? I intend to get to GAME as soon as it opens so it hopefully won't be an issue, but I remember the GTA IV cluster**** all too well. :indiff:
Original post by A.galloway
Try shopto.net they dispatch very fast, my brother ordered yesterday and got it today. I would have but the first 2 orders must be sent to the billing address, and I needed it changed.

Awesome, thanks!
Me and my friend pre ordered Skyrim of Amazon, and hes got his and I haven't!!!! :angry:
Reply 1984
Mine was despatched this afternoon so I can imagine it'll turn up on Monday.
Original post by tface
The 360 version has been leaked for almost a week on pirate sites, and many many people have got the game early from retailers in the US, for consoles. PC versions obviously can't unlock until Steam says so.

Not calling you a liar, but do you have a source?

I was fully under the impression it was impossible to get the game early, as Bethesda only released them to be sold about a week ago.
Oh, has anyone seen this yet?

The complete soundtrack to SKYRIM. :smile:
Reply 1987
Asda Delivery Status: FULLY DISPATCHED!

There is hope after all!
Reply 1988
Original post by DH-Biker
Not calling you a liar, but do you have a source?

I was fully under the impression it was impossible to get the game early, as Bethesda only released them to be sold about a week ago.

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim

Browse through the posts from the last week and you will find a ton of people holding a PS3/360 box and giving impressions. I assume you don't need a source for the pirated version.

edit: Here is a crappy example http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.insidegamer.nl%2Fplaystation3%2Fthe-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim%2Fnieuws%2F39327%2FVerschillende-winkels-verkopen-Skyrim-al.html&lp=nl_en&btnTrUrl=Translate
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Christien
Reckon this'll sell out in store? I intend to get to GAME as soon as it opens so it hopefully won't be an issue, but I remember the GTA IV cluster**** all too well. :indiff:

Depends where you live. If you're in a large city, there could well be a lot of other people with the same idea.

Saying that, I got MW2 and Black Ops without a hitch twice, and they were both the most anticipated games of their respective years.

I've pre-ordered SKYRIM to be super safe, though. I intend to be slaying dragons 24 hours from now, and I do NOT want a hitch. :tongue:
Original post by Craig_D
It isn't fair, is it? Amazon can spin any nonsense they like about how the majority of people will receive it on release day, but that isn't the point. The majority of companies seem to be making every effort to make sure their customers receive the game today, but Amazon refuse, it doesn't matter that we're sitting and waiting around. If that's how little they value our custom, especially after showing such loyalty as to go to them first, then maybe it would be better to go elsewhere.

As of 3:30, still 'dispatching soon', just as it was last night. :colonhash:

Apparently, mine just got dispatched!

You should check again, from what I understand they usually dispatch games at around 5 to 6-ish PM. I'm sure you'll get to enjoy Skyrim in all its snowy/beardy/swordy glory by tomorrow! :smile:
Original post by G8D
I'm the opposite. Amazon is always late for me with pre-orders.

Game is good as is Play.

Ordered with Tesco though. Hope they're speedy.

I hope I havn't placed a curse on myself, mine got dispatched this afternoon.

Fingers crossed. Read about a dozen reviews this afternoon, the lowest score was a nine and all of them were full of praise, and you get the impression they've barely scratched the surface.
Reply 1992
Just as a forewarning fighting giants is not as easy as it looks in the video
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they tried to deliver the game today at 2.30pm but I was out :angry: So there's a damn card from Royal Mail saying please pick up from the nearest delivery office tomorrow.

Damn it could have been playing Skyrim tonight! But now I have to go down 8am tomorrow morning :mad:

Oh well thumbs up for Game for their very prompt delivery and trying to get it here a day early :smile: Can't fault them.
(edited 12 years ago)
Just FYI guys I saw Skyrim out on the shelves of PC World two days ago. Someone didn't get the memo :biggrin:

I chose not to take advantage of it, however. Steam FTW.
Me thinks GAME is preparing for a ****storm of buys.

I just got a text from them saying that my copy will only be reserved for 48 hours, even with my deposit.

Apparently I get double points, though. Which is always handy to have. I think I've got like £40 on that that needs using up.
Original post by AllisonAdorkable
Apparently, mine just got dispatched!

You should check again, from what I understand they usually dispatch games at around 5 to 6-ish PM. I'm sure you'll get to enjoy Skyrim in all its snowy/beardy/swordy glory by tomorrow! :smile:

I decided to wait until 6 before complaining again :colondollar: I'm happy to say though that just this second it's been dispatched. I'm now just praying that Home Delivery Network don't require a signature. :sigh:
(I still wanted it today :tongue:)

I'm glad to hear that yours has shipped too, I'm sure the awesomeness will commence in no time.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1997
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Just FYI guys I saw Skyrim out on the shelves of PC World two days ago. Someone didn't get the memo :biggrin:

I chose not to take advantage of it, however. Steam FTW.

Even if you did you would have had to wait for the Steam unlock tonight to play it...
Ordered from ShipTo, praying it comes tomorrow :biggrin: (at 17:19 it said it was ready for the next Royal Mail collection; who knows when that is).
I dont really mind if it doesnt though, I didnt pay more then I wouldve in Game or Gamestation so its all good.
flatmates (XBOX) version came today :biggrin:

ordered mine on steam though :frown: anyone know what time they are releasing it? i know modern warfare 3 was released in PST midnight even for Europeans =/ so thats like 7am for us
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest