The Student Room Group

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by velvetbrain
Zavvi used to be Virgin Megastore so they should be reliable, can't see any delivery costs either which is a bonus!

Make sure you check the reliability of the sellers before you buy anything online though:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-rays-dvds-download-services/743336-zavvi-what-they-like.html

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960564-xenoblade-chronicles/59725863

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091215085637AA4EBpG

:biggrin:

Thank you for the links. But i've read similar ones. I picked zavvi because they are reputable. I'm jus waiting for dad to wake up. Then i'll get him to order it. But its a bargain, and says free delivery.
Thanks for all ur help. We've transformed this said from skyrim to fallout3
Original post by Eternal*
Thank you for the links. But i've read similar ones. I picked zavvi because they are reputable. I'm jus waiting for dad to wake up. Then i'll get him to order it. But its a bargain, and says free delivery.
Thanks for all ur help. We've transformed this said from skyrim to fallout3

That's no problem, have fun exploring the wasteland.

Oops! Let's get back on topic!
I am not sure about that. You can buy the standard edition and buy the DLC when you have money from Xbox live marketplace or the PS store.

Here are the reviews, IGN aren't the best reviewers but these videos give you a general idea of how the game plays:

[video="youtube;lkjowflUt_4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkjowflUt_4[/video]

[video="youtube;VBF7uX73j-s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBF7uX73j-s&feature=relmfu[/video]

Have fun :biggrin:

TL; DW:

Several new sets of quests and areas to visit, not to mention being able to continue playing the game after finishing the main questline.
Zavvi used to be Virgin Megastore so they should be reliable
While technically true, the Zavvi rename came about as a result of a change in ownership (Branson and the Virgin group sold the UK/Ireland stores to Zavvi UK in 2007), then Zavvi went into administration in 2008 and was liquidated in 2009. A third set of owners (The Hut Group) bought the rights to the company name from the administrators and set it up as an online-only entity (similar to what happened with Woolworths at around the same time)
Original post by Dalimyr
While technically true, the Zavvi rename came about as a result of a change in ownership (Branson and the Virgin group sold the UK/Ireland stores to Zavvi UK in 2007), then Zavvi went into administration in 2008 and was liquidated in 2009. A third set of owners (The Hut Group) bought the rights to the company name from the administrators and set it up as an online-only entity (similar to what happened with Woolworths at around the same time)

Brilliant. Thanks for pointing that out.
I've completed the civil war questline as an Imperial and have tried to clear some Stormcloak camps but when I try and kill the leader he won't die and just kneels down until he gets back up with full health?!

Has anyone else had this problem? Playing on Xbox by the way.
Original post by RHCPfan
I've completed the civil war questline as an Imperial and have tried to clear some Stormcloak camps but when I try and kill the leader he won't die and just kneels down until he gets back up with full health?!

Has anyone else had this problem? Playing on Xbox by the way.

Afaik, it's a problem that wasn't addressed by the devs. I also have the problem. The leaders were still left as 'necessary' after the civil war, meaning they can't die.
Reply 5927
The old man who is part of the blades don't talk in my game, I think it's a bug. Any idea how to fix this? We are in the round table and he's looking at me and everyone's looking at him and nothing's happening...
:woo: Finally got to make my dragon armour - dragonscale, a full set and improved to legendary. :love:
Original post by TheSownRose
:woo: Finally got to make my dragon armour - dragonscale, a full set and improved to legendary. :love:

just in time to slay some vampires/ kick some dawnguards butt :biggrin:
Reply 5930
i love this game! just finished the story line and started the side quests. best game i've ever played since arkham asylum
Dawnguard tomorrow!!!
Tips on how to beat an ice dragon?
Reply 5933
New DLC for all the lucky xbox folk tomorrow, does anyone know when it arrives on ps3, really hate these stupid timed DLC's, first I hate developers using DLC's to trim down the full game and make more money of extra content later, and then MS and Sony pay them to get the DLC on their console first when they could be spending this money to make better first party games, its just harming gamers and benefitting greedy developers.:angry:
Original post by JLXP
Tips on how to beat an ice dragon?

Kill it with fire. :wink:
Original post by JordanS94
just in time to slay some vampires/ kick some dawnguards butt :biggrin:

Alas, PS3 player. :frown:
Original post by TheSownRose
Alas, PS3 player. :frown:

awww :frown: I keep forgetting that PS3 players don't get it at the same time as Xbox
Downloading Dawnguard :biggrin:
Reply 5938
I've just started playing Skyrim (I'm guessing this is the end of the real world for now) but anyway, I've decided to go for the dark elf.

I want to play as a stealthy assassin who can also use kind of illusionary magic? Is this possible? And if so do you guys have any top tips?

Original post by JordanS94
Downloading Dawnguard :biggrin:

Let us all know how good it is, with no spoilers :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest