The Student Room Group

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AllisonAdorkable
They usually use powered-up characters during gameplay demonstrations. I mean, you can hardly show off your game when you keep getting killed by bandits.

If you've read any of the recent 'I got to play Skyrim for three hours' previews, a lot of them mention getting killed by guards, dragons, etc. So I doubt it's incredibly easy.

don't get me wrong, it looks like a great game.

However, this video pretty much sums up what I have been saying. I don't think this one is where he is overpowered, it shows natural gameplay.

in morrowind you had to know your limits, you had no fancy one shot kills.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ilyas

don't get me wrong, it looks like a great game.

However, this video pretty much sums up what I have been saying. I don't think this one is where he is overpowered, it shows natural gameplay.

in morrowind you had to know your limits, you had no fancy one shot kills.

Pretty sure those are actually the 'Dragon shouts' they're showing off not just normal magic, but it appears the people commentating don't know that.

So those certainly aren't things you have from the get go.
I didn't want to do this... Downloading Oblivion again!
Reply 1383
Original post by Ilyas
I still think Morrowind is better than Skyrim. :h:

Skyrim is aimed at the general public, the difficulties in fighting/exploring is going to be so watered down to the point where it can be just be you running through the dungeon without the fear of death. After looking at the actual gameplay, I think this is the case... he is owning literally everything with ease :sigh:

It will never have the same substance as Morrowind as the developers just want to please the majority of the public.

"OMG, two dragons and one of them is an ice dragon!" *calls down thunder to kill dragons, then goes and collects soul to gain even moar powah*.

This is the exact vibe I am getting from what I have seen so far.

1. Difficulty settings.

2. In the demo the character had 999 health and like 500 magicka. (And was level 30 something)

3. There are 6 confirmed types of dragon, with more 'named' dragons to appear in the storyline.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by cambo211
Pretty sure those are actually the 'Dragon shouts'

I'm aware.

The only thing that I'm concerned about is that we shouldn't be able to get such abilities at all.

I want to be a weakling throughout the game (relative to the content) and have all the NPC's overpowered. Makes the game feel more alive.
Reply 1385
Stick it on hard, use basic weaponry and armour, don't use high powered magic.
There you go, the game you want.
Reply 1388
Original post by wibletg
Damn, that's high for a video card.

The recommended is high but the minimum isn't that bad is it? Serious PC gamers should be able to manage on high, if not ultra. (I'm getting it for PS3 hence not caring that my laptop would probably only get around medium at best :tongue:)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by wibletg
Damn, that's high for a video card.

It's a pity as apart from my card 9600 gt, I could even play it on medium to high settings. As despite my computer being a few years old I have quad core and 4gb ram.
Reply 1390
Original post by tface
The recommended is high but the minimum isn't that bad is it? Serious PC gamers should be able to manage on high, if not ultra.

512? I'd say for a minimum spec that's quite high :tongue:

And after your edit, yeah, I'm getting mine for 360 :biggrin:
Just pre-ordered it last night for £35 at Asda.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1391
Original post by Ministerdonut
It's a pity as apart from my card 9600 gt, I could even play it on medium to high settings. As despite my computer being a few years old I have quad core and 4gb ram.

Time to buy a GTX 560 or similar? :colone:
Original post by tface
Time to buy a GTX 560 or similar? :colone:

It depends if I can get oblivion style graphics like I can now as I can run oblivion on very high I will keep it.Seems a pity to mess around with the computer unless I have to as the rest of my kit seems good enough for a decent play.I was thinking I would have to definately open it up from what people were saying before the specs came out. As the story and quests are a bit more important and to be honest I would rather spend the money on gym,my girlfriend and booze. If it looks rubbish or slows up on medium settings I will pop down PC world and buy a better one, installed graphics cards myself before on my old computer. I will know in a few weeks and it is touch wood coming out before the christmas rush.

Iam not moaning about the specs actually, considering how tech has moved on, the specs could be higher.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1393

Iam not moaning about the specs actually, considering how tech has moved on, the specs could be higher.

alot higher actually. these specs are very low, but the game will look great anyway.
Original post by wibletg
512? I'd say for a minimum spec that's quite high :tongue:

right on

count me and my measly 256 out of the skyrim party :frown:
Reply 1395
I would love to have the money to get it on pc and do some upgrading but I just dont :frown:
Original post by refref
alot higher actually. these specs are very low, but the game will look great anyway.

I remember when Oblivion came out, the sys requirements seemed much harsher,these don't seem a huge jump . ,With Oblivion I bought an entire new rig.
Reply 1397
I remember when Oblivion came out, the sys requirements seemed much harsher,these don't seem a huge jump . ,With Oblivion I bought an entire new rig.

Well it is designed for the same generation of consoles. So in terms of technical requirements, it's not going to be a massive jump.
Original post by MHorman
That would be AWESOME...

Having like stables of dragons outside each city that you can jump onto and soar over the cities would be really immersive.

Or just my own pet dragon that can act like Fawkes(from fallout 3) at times and help me in battles and then become my flying machine when i want would be awesome.

He'll be even quicker than the unicorn...(From oblivion) and he won't run off if i leave him for a second...

Honestly, I'd face-palm if they did that. I liked the silt strider, boat and Mages' Guild teleportation that was in Morrowind - never once did I think "oh, I'm fast travelling now" because it didn't break immersion. But dragons stabled outside of cities? Nah.
(edited 12 years ago)
SOMEONE HELP.

I just preordered Skyrim for Xbox from the GAME website.

Will i get it delivered on the day it comes out? or like 1 or 2 days later?

Quick Reply

Latest