The Student Room Group

Do you take notice of Online adverts?

Advertising- that's where the money is made Online but have you ever bothered to take any notice of them?

Clearly it must be working if businesses still use it but have you ever taken any notice of the rubbish or clicked on them?

The Student Room website is full of them! :eek:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I do notice them briefly, but have absolutely no desire to use their product.
Reply 2
I've seen thousands over the years I've been procrastinating.

Never clicked on a single one.
Reply 3
AdBlock Plus gets rids of most of them. I notice remaining adverts, but never click on them really.
Reply 4
I never take notice of them, their just irritating lol
Reply 5
I do sometimes.. I have clicked on them, I must admit.
Reply 6
I only take notice of the sex ones.
Reply 7
I never click on banners or text ads. Forced video ads on sites like youtube are extremely annoying, I always mute them and turn my attention to something else until they are done, or click them off if you are able to.
The most annoying adverts have to be forced surveys. I never do them, the instant I see one I just click right off it and search the internet elsewhere.
Reply 8
If I use TSR with an ad-blocker, and I don't have a subscription, does that mean I'm stealing TSR? They're not making any money out of me because the adverts don't even get to me so there's no way they can influence me, and I'm not interested in subscribing.
I have a flash blocker so most of them don't come up anyway. Those that do don't get noticed.
Reply 10
No, not really.

They are annoying though.
I didn't used to, but there seems to be more and more of them. Sidereel has full-on TV adverts with sound that can't be turned down now, and youtube's just a joke, wtf is that DivX thing underneath all the videos? I really need to get AdBlock...
Reply 12
No. I always assume most (seeing as most advertise teeth whitening, 7-day weight loss etc) are scams, do not work and/or are out to kill you.
Reply 13
Sometimes if I find an advert particularly annoying, I click on it then not buy their product, just so I have the satisfaction of knowing that I just cost them a tiny amount of money.
They put me off buying the product tbh.
Nope.
Reply 16
"Get ripped in 8 weeks", you all know what i'm talking about :sexface:
Advertising has no effect on me, I've never seen an advert on TV/internet that's made me go " ohhh wow, I gotta get me on a those "

The only thing I've actually brought because of a TV ad is a cinema ticket for a film..,.
Original post by M1F2R3
"Get ripped in 8 weeks", you all know what i'm talking about :sexface:

I prefer "1 Tip of a Flat Belly", sounds completely legit
Reply 19
Original post by gingerrama
I prefer "1 Tip of a Flat Belly", sounds completely legit

Meanwhile, in America.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending