The Student Room Group

What/How many A-level subjects do Oxbridge prefer? (ANSWERED)

Scroll to see replies

I am planning to study English language, Maths and Chinese for Oxford modern language and linguistic, do u think it is secure and relevant to study these subject?
Original post by angelatang118
I am planning to study English language, Maths and Chinese for Oxford modern language and linguistic, do u think it is secure and relevant to study these subject?

The obvious questions will be:
If you want to study modern languages at university why don't you study any at A2?
Is Chinese your native language and are you doing an A2 intended for non-native speakers?
Why maths and not history or French or English Lit, all more relevant to the degree?
Reply 22
Do you think these A level choices are wise or do you think they all are too closely linked?
Classical Civilisation
Religious Studies
History
Geography/English Literature.

Thank you!
Original post by ZoeN2
Do you think these A level choices are wise or do you think they all are too closely linked?
Classical Civilisation
Religious Studies
History
Geography/English Literature.

Thank you!

For what subject at degree?

They would be suitable for an humanities degree.
Reply 24
Politics and International Relations :smile:
Hi guys, do you thing it will impress the university if I sit tests other than required test ? (like STEP or sth )
Original post by duonglisa
Hi guys, do you thing it will impress the university if I sit tests other than required test ? (like STEP or sth )

Any fool can sit a test. Only the able can do well in it.. If you get STEP 1 or S (I, II or III) that would be an advantage to any Maths, Engineering NatSci or Economics application but a 2 or 3 could be a disadvantage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
I LIVE in a bin
Reply 28
Original post by angelatang118

No you will become homeless loser

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending