The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paddy__power
I'm pretty bad with early ganks when I'm jungling. I don't tend to do more than one or two pre-6 with most champs. I think a lot of this is that whenever I do pick a gank-heavy jungler in normals half the time you are just sat there for ages with the laner doing nothing and it just wastes time when nothing materialises. Maybe I just suck :lol:

Does the Q apply moonlight to everyone it hits? In a team fight this could mean you can just ult from person to person with no CD.

Jarvan is a great level 2 gank. As is xin if you take boots (i usually like to take armor and gank at level 3 with gap closer after flash and knockup with q).
Original post by danny111
Jarvan is a great level 2 gank. As is xin if you take boots (i usually like to take armor and gank at level 3 with gap closer after flash and knockup with q).

Aye Xin is one of the few I routinely early gank with. Along with Hecarim simply because he is one of my favourite champs.

Any idea where I am likely to get the best money for an xbox slim 250gb btw? Game will apparently give me 88 pounds.
Aye Xin is one of the few I routinely early gank with. Along with Hecarim simply because he is one of my favourite champs.

Any idea where I am likely to get the best money for an xbox slim 250gb btw? Game will apparently give me 88 pounds.

No idea, make a thread about it in the technology forum or something.
Reply 1943
I play mid xin and it is so OP because at level 2 I am almost guaranteed a kill.

Last three games (all wins):
16/2/0
3/3/5
9/1/4

Heal+Ghost with 21/9/0 masteries OP

Anybody using flash on Xin is retarded. Xin also does more damage using health from heal (assuming 1 v 1) than ignite.
I'm pretty bad with early ganks when I'm jungling. I don't tend to do more than one or two pre-6 with most champs. I think a lot of this is that whenever I do pick a gank-heavy jungler in normals half the time you are just sat there for ages with the laner doing nothing and it just wastes time when nothing materialises. Maybe I just suck :lol:

Does the Q apply moonlight to everyone it hits? In a team fight this could mean you can just ult from person to person with no CD.

It does apply to everyone, but once you ult it gets removed off everyone
Reply 1945
Original post by cyfer
I play mid xin and it is so OP because at level 2 I am almost guaranteed a kill.

Last three games (all wins):
16/2/0
3/3/5
9/1/4

Heal+Ghost with 21/9/0 masteries OP

Anybody using flash on Xin is retarded. Xin also does more damage using health from heal (assuming 1 v 1) than ignite.

I think flash on Xin is better than heal.

LoL isn't a 1v1 game, repositioning in a teamfight is going to be a lot more beneficial than a tiny heal.

I would take exhaust+ghost or ignite+ghost on Xin if I ever tried to lane him, but I think he is only really viable in the jungle where I think smite+ghost are the best summoners.

e: by the way should we arrange to play sometime? I'm free this evening if anyone wants to play, say from 7pm. I'll be on Smilerrr. Reply in this thread if you want to play then, otherwise I'll probably just be on Tekkit (minecraft mod) :p:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1946
Original post by M_E_X

LoL isn't a 1v1 game, repositioning in a teamfight is going to be a lot more beneficial than a tiny heal.

I would take exhaust+ghost or ignite+ghost on Xin if I ever tried to lane him, but I think he is only really viable in the jungle where I think smite+ghost are the best summoners.

e: by the way should we arrange to play sometime? I'm free this evening if anyone wants to play, say from 7pm. I'll be on Smilerrr. Reply in this thread if you want to play then, otherwise I'll probably just be on Tekkit (minecraft mod) :p:

I'll play with you.

I guess it's just a matter of preference. I find upgraded ghost to be far better than flash in chasing people down or running away.

Repositioning in teamfights is not an issue for me because you get to a point where you have a 3 second cooldown on your E thanks to Q.

Heal+Ghost gives you two escape mechanisms early game which is needed since mid is gank galore for the enemies with you being AD with no escape spells.

He is not only viable in the jungle :frown: He melts squishies.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1947
i see your point in him being good, but when your against a good mid ap champ, if they last untill level 6, i know i wouldnt destroy a xin personally in mid :P
anybody with long range harras like kennen and with a good escape mech would kill him
Reply 1948
Original post by M_E_X

I'm free this evening, But after 8 ish. I have training at 5:30! :frown:
Reply 1949
Original post by cyfer
I'll play with you.

I guess it's just a matter of preference. I find upgraded ghost to be far better than flash in chasing people down or running away.

Repositioning in teamfights is not an issue for me because you get to a point where you have a 3 second cooldown on your E thanks to Q.

Heal+Ghost gives you two escape mechanisms early game which is needed since mid is gank galore for the enemies with you being AD with no escape spells.

He is not only viable in the jungle :frown: He melts squishies.

Original post by Lozzaa
I'm free this evening, But after 8 ish. I have training at 5:30! :frown:

Awesome :h: When you're online just drop me a message and we'll play some games!
Reply 1950
Original post by M_E_X
Awesome :h: When you're online just drop me a message and we'll play some games!

Are you online? I tried adding you, my profile name is Mukilab
Anyone else a Zilean fan? He's such a beautiful support char - can play so aggressive on him with double bombs, and his ult is just great. If only he had a stun <3
Reply 1952
Original post by cyfer
Are you online? I tried adding you, my profile name is Mukilab

Got'cha :h:

Original post by Blazara
Anyone else a Zilean fan? He's such a beautiful support char - can play so aggressive on him with double bombs, and his ult is just great. If only he had a stun <3

I like him, but I prefer him as AP mid than support. I was actually thinking before about a team with Zil mid and Yorick top, and then a hypercarry AD, he would have 3 lives it would be so good! You would just need a high damage jungler (eg Jarvan or someone), otherwise your overall team damage would be too low. It would be fun though! :h:
Reply 1953
Original post by M_E_X

I like him, but I prefer him as AP mid than support. I was actually thinking before about a team with Zil mid and Yorick top, and then a hypercarry AD, he would have 3 lives it would be so good! You would just need a high damage jungler (eg Jarvan or someone), otherwise your overall team damage would be too low. It would be fun though! :h:

Don't forget to take a guardian angel on them :P
Reply 1954
Just got back from training, ran over a bit today. Online now!
Original post by Blazara

He's better mid

Only time I'd like him bot is with yorick for an ultimate harass lane (plant bombs on the ghouls, proceed to laugh)
Tried kayle out today, she feels really powerful. Her Q is just so good for getting kills/catching runners, w saves lives so often it's unreal, and e is just beast. Possibly the best last hit ability in the game, and amazing for team fights.

I played like 5 matches and I already can't count the number of fights we've won based on the fact that I shielded the nuke target at like 5%. So fun!
Original post by M_E_X

Really sorry about that!

My landlord unplugged my internet to do something or other.
Reply 1958
Having a riot with Wukong once more. Though keeping top proves difficult as lots of other champs have some form of hp regen, I've managed to get fed as him. Had another Eve, she did quite well till late game where she got caught a bit.

Oh and heres something you guys might find interesting, its some ideas for different duo lanes: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2295597&page=33
Reply 1959
Really sorry about that!

My landlord unplugged my internet to do something or other.

It's fine, don't worry about it. We actually ended up winning the game, that's the second 4v5 cyfer and I have won recently - in the other one our 5th guy didn't connect at all, so we played 4v5 the whole game, and still won. You played really well in both games as support! What are your favourite roles? I didn't get to play top lane, that's my favourite :smile:

cyfer

We should duo-queue ranked definitely! I think we are basically 100% win rate together over 4-5 games, and two of those were a 4v5 :tongue: Plus we are similar ELOs...I think it could be really good. Did you play ranked last season? What's your peak ELO? I notice you have only played 3 ranked games this season

Quick Reply

Latest