The Student Room Group

Gnvq Ict

Hey Everyone

I am doing Unit 2 (Spreadsheet and database) and would like to achevie a merit but i am not sure what to put for effective use of software to sort on multiple fields, make use of cell relationships and produce good quality printed copy, showing both data content, formats and formulae (clear and detailed annotation, screen prints or notes must explain why and how all printed items are produced) good use of titles, graphic lines, spacing, text size, text enhancement, column and row headers, page headers or footers and graph labels to enhance the presentations, making them attractive, easy to read and free of layout errors you have checked your work for accuracy and corrected obvious errors and clear progression from the design stage to completion and evaluation

Any Help will be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks MulletMan
Reply 1
If you look on the exam board website then there is usually examplification of the critera. I had a great teacher who went through the mark scheme step by step so I could achieve as many marks as possible, so that's always worth a try. It's been such a long time now that I cabn't remember what I did for this unit.
Reply 2
It's a long time ago since I did this (2 years ago) but I know I got a distinction. I based my project on a fictitious music company who needed a spreadsheet to record all their sales. I made up all the data myself and created tables with columns such as: Customer, Customer ID, Cost per CD, Number bought, Sub total, VAT payable, Final total.

It is the report believe it or not that gains you the most marks so I would say try not to spend too long on the spreadsheet. Even if you have a fantastic spreadsheet this will not compensate for a poor report. Like anon53 said the criteria which you will be judged on are on the edexcel website, i.e. www.edexcel.org.uk.

To get an excellent mark, you need to show loads of evidence. Screen shot everything (even if it isn't specific to the particular unit do it anyway, e.g. showing a screen shot of you saving your work on the computer). Also use lots of annotation.

That's about as mucha dvice as I can give you, hope I've helped

Latest

Trending

Trending