The Student Room Group

i need a quick reply

i can take 3 gcse's out of, triple science art, catering, french, geography, hostory, home ec, pe, rm, textiles, business, creative media productions, health and social care, music and performing arts, what shall i take???
Entirely depends on what you like and what you're good at.
i think triple science would be good.. but it really depends on what you want to do in future or at least at university.
lol, take hostory.
triple science is very useful. a bunch of A's and A*'s will serve you well. History is always a good one to have as well seeing as it's essay based and 'traditional'.

After that either French or Geography. I would do French (in fact I did take French). Foreign languages are sought after at a-level quite often so a GCSE base is essential to be able to take it at a-level.
Reply 5
What do you want to go into in the future?
Triple science
Performing arts
Textiles
Reply 7
Triple science
History OR Geography
French (you will probably need a language GCSE to get into University as they are making it a new requirement)
Reply 8
Triple Science
Health and Social
history

These are the three i would pick, is maths not an option ?
Reply 9
Original post by Anazoth
Triple Science
Health and Social
history

These are the three i would pick, is maths not an option ?

I presume Maths (& English & double science) is compulsary otherwise theyd be unable to go to university. Therefore it is not an option :smile:
Reply 10
What you like and what your good at, as well as any that will be needed in the future for university courses too. If you don't know what you want to do at university yet (and even if you do you'll probabily change your mind- I did!) be wary of taking ones with a lot of overlap like art, textiles and d&t. Your application will be stronger of you have a wider range with more applicable skills. Other than sciences and language courses there aren't that many ones that you'll need specific GCSE's for, and anyway A Levels are more important in terms of your uni application so you can sort out any hitches when you get to that. Other than that, GCSE's and A Level are almost like playing a game, and you'll benefit from playing to your strengths.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
triple science

a humunity such as geography RE or history

a language or a technology such as IT or catering or something like that

then you have a good mix of the things colleges look for :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest