Reply 20
What are the boundaries out of for UMS
like /120
what isit for a C,B etc
\:
thanks
chemistry and maths are f'ukers
but well doneon your b's in biloogy :smile:
did you not do enough practise papers or something?
I'm so worried now. Good luck with your resits and everything. You're obviously capable if you've got offers for medicine. Work hard and you'll get them!
Reply 23
thought about a private tutor for chemistry ...... if you can afford it ??
Reply 24
Original post by Sabryna.x.x
I've done **** too

Biology AS: e (I nearly cried)
English Literature AS: C (I nearly cried)
Chemistry AS: u (I cried)
C1: U (meh....not surprised)

biology ? aqa?? unit 1??
Reply 25
B is an excellent grade. So don't retake your Bs. You'd be better off spending that time revising something else. Also (I don't want to rub salt in the wounds and am sorryfor pointng this out) but 83/120 is a C, not a B (6Bl02).

My advice would be to just stop and reflect on what you're doing. If you believe you can get straight As and got those grades, there is something definately wrong with your revision technique. Try changing the book you use. For Chemistry, I use the Edexcel Chemistry books wrote by George Facer. It is one of the best an most detailed books i've read and covers everything using worked examples so nails that examination technique that is needed to attain a high grade. For maths use the books written by Keith Pledger. Sometimes a bit of colour can really help you revise and concentrate.

Another question of mine is are you doing 3 whole A2s in one year as it seems like it?
Reply 26
Original post by Agenda Suicide
Apologies I did not realise that you were. Excellent. Well then as long as you balance out the revision with healthy breaks then go for it. The best way to succeed is motivation. I know all sorts of clever people who have messed up, atleast in the future you will be prepared and be much more conscious to avoid letting it happen again.

Well done though, seriously. There's nothing worse than results that aren't what you want. You'll be fine, good luck!

It's fine. Thanks for the reply especially the bold bit and I've come to understand that you can really only learn if you make some mistakes. Never ever ever again.

Thank you for this, and goodluck too!
xxx

Hongieee
Seriously, you can get those As.
This boy last year, he also had to take 14 exams, but he practiced everything single question he could get his hands on, and in the end, he got As.
Its just practice, you can do it

Thank you Hongie. This really means alot to me. I'm going to practise every single question too! Practice, practice, practice ...!

Sabryna.x.x
I've done **** too

I'm so sorry! I know the feeling. Please don't feel like this is the end of the world because there's always summer, and this time we are BOTH going to be more prepared, and when we go into that exam room, we're going to ace it and make it wish it was near printed! :biggrin:
xxx

qu1ksilver
i know a boy at school from last year he did 5 A-levels had over 20 exams in the summer and he got 5 A's and i was there on results day so i know he isn't lying so i would say anything is possible if you do the work. The trick is to do it rather than think about doing it.

Oh wowza. There's so much hope - thank you. I'm going to knuckle down and work so hard and practice practice practice. Very true - I'm writing post it notes to myself to motivate myself and not give up. Thank you. xxx
You do OCR chemistry yeah?? In so nervous about unit 4 :/.. I think you can get the grades you want just work really hard.

Also with biology you have to understand the topic very very well. Don't just use the text book use loads of different resources.
I used to use the gcp book and literally memorised it and came out a really low grade. So understanding really helps.
Original post by Sabryna.x.x
I've done **** too

don't worry everyone does really **** the first time. i got CCDU. U in C1 like you. it's because of the jump from GCSE i think, well thats what caught me out. i didn't realise the amount of work that you needed to do to achieve a B or A. you'll be fine in the summer and back on track :smile:
Original post by EffKayy

Original post by EffKayy
biology ? aqa?? unit 1??

Nope. OCR

I'm just thinking about what my parents will do to me! *Shudder*
Reply 30
Don't let the results make you feel down about yourself, the best thing is to forget it and start again.
I got 54, a D in Chem1 last year, and retook it and got 90, so it can be done! Good luck :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Joesphine
:frown:

We recieved our results for the January 2011 exams this afternoon, and I've done so bad.
When I saw them, I felt like my heart had fallen into my stomach and the acid was dissolving it ...

I'm so upset.
Biology 1 (AS): 89/120 (b)
Biology 2 (AS): 83/120 (b)
Biology 4 (A2): 36/120 (U)

Chemistry 1 (AS): 62/120 (d)
Chemistry 2 (AS): 32/120 (u)
Chemistry 4 (A2): 35/120 (U)

Core 1 (AS): 72/100 (b)
Statistics 1 (AS): 58/100 (d)

I've done so badly, but the thing is I did revise. I did actually think I was going to do badly, but not this bad. I did have an operation over the Christmas period but still ... I even failed biology ...

Looks like I'm going to need to take 14exams this summer ...

Biology 1, Biology 2 (AS)
Biology 4, Biology 5 (A2)
Chemistry 1, Chemistry 2 (AS)
Chemistry 4, Chemistry 5 (A2)
Core 1, Core 2, Statistics 1 (AS)
Core 3, Core 4, Statistics 2 (A2)

That means my exams start from the 18th May to the 24th June.

Question is: is it possible to get straight "A"s in all these subjects, if I start revision from tomorrow ... ?
Any advice, and tips would be greatly appreciated.

I feel like a big fat failure right now.

Thanks for reading this.

How did everyone else in your class fair on C1?
Reply 32
Original post by Rachel08
x

Yeah. I feel much better. Life doesn't stop because I got rubbish grades and I need to move with it and make sure I ace them in the summer time. Good point - I will set out some time to take a little break. :smile:
Thank you for this.

Goodluck with yours. xxx

HomeoApathy92

chemistry and maths are f'ukers
but well doneon your b's in biloogy
did you not do enough practise papers or something?

Couldn't agree more. :tongue:
Thank you. Yeah, not enough practice, not enough time to do everything, operation and yeah ... I was just under prepared but it's been a real eye opener for me.

diskohuelga
I'm so worried now. Good luck with your resits and everything. You're obviously capable if you've got offers for medicine. Work hard and you'll get them!

Don't be! You'll do fine.
Thank you.
I will ... practice practice practise. That's the key.

andy2010
thought about a private tutor for chemistry ...... if you can afford it ??

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I should just use my teachers more and practice ALL the questions! :tongue:
Original post by Rachel08

btw Your school's cheeky for giving out the results early, I don't get mine til 10:50 tomorrow!!

Me too. 10:50 will be the time of my death.
You'd be surprised how many people this happens to. I had somewhat disappointing January results as did loads of people I know. Not too late to turn it around.
Original post by llamalad200
don't worry everyone does really **** the first time. i got CCDU. U in C1 like you. it's because of the jump from GCSE i think, well thats what caught me out. i didn't realise the amount of work that you needed to do to achieve a B or A. you'll be fine in the summer and back on track :smile:

Same here. Hopefully this will be the wake up call I need!
Reply 36
We can get them online. :eek:

how do we access them online??? not looking forward, might aswel get it over with :frown:
:frown:

We recieved our results for the January 2011 exams this afternoon, and I've done so bad.
When I saw them, I felt like my heart had fallen into my stomach and the acid was dissolving it ...

I'm so upset.
Biology 1 (AS): 89/120 (b)
Biology 2 (AS): 83/120 (b)
Biology 4 (A2): 36/120 (U)

Chemistry 1 (AS): 62/120 (d)
Chemistry 2 (AS): 32/120 (u)
Chemistry 4 (A2): 35/120 (U)

Core 1 (AS): 72/100 (b)
Statistics 1 (AS): 58/100 (d)

I've done so badly, but the thing is I did revise. I did actually think I was going to do badly, but not this bad. I did have an operation over the Christmas period but still ... I even failed biology ...

Looks like I'm going to need to take 14exams this summer ...

Biology 1, Biology 2 (AS)
Biology 4, Biology 5 (A2)
Chemistry 1, Chemistry 2 (AS)
Chemistry 4, Chemistry 5 (A2)
Core 1, Core 2, Statistics 1 (AS)
Core 3, Core 4, Statistics 2 (A2)

That means my exams start from the 18th May to the 24th June.

Question is: is it possible to get straight "A"s in all these subjects, if I start revision from tomorrow ... ?
Any advice, and tips would be greatly appreciated.

I feel like a big fat failure right now.

Thanks for reading this.

Aww don't feel like that :frown: What were you meant to have been predicted?
It's fine. Thanks for the reply especially the bold bit and I've come to understand that you can really only learn if you make some mistakes. Never ever ever again.

Thank you for this, and goodluck too!
xxx

Thank you Hongie. This really means alot to me. I'm going to practise every single question too! Practice, practice, practice ...!

I'm so sorry! I know the feeling. Please don't feel like this is the end of the world because there's always summer, and this time we are BOTH going to be more prepared, and when we go into that exam room, we're going to ace it and make it wish it was near printed! :biggrin:
xxx

Oh wowza. There's so much hope - thank you. I'm going to knuckle down and work so hard and practice practice practice. Very true - I'm writing post it notes to myself to motivate myself and not give up. Thank you. xxx

Aw shucks! Thank you and good luck in the summer! I have to say though, Biology and English REALLY surprised me....esp Biology. But hey, we still got the summer right?
Reply 39
Thanks for the suggestion. I totally see what you're saying but I don't want to drop out ... I'm in year 13 and I have amazing offers from amazing universities to study medicine and biomedicine ...

Biology isn't really a problem for me ... it's just chemistry. Maths is fine too. I know I can tackle biology and maths easily. It's just chemistry that get's me. I'm going to try my best now that I've calmed down, and stop doing anything apart from revising, sleeping, eating and going to school. I think also what bothered me was that not a day went by in the Christmas Holiday or the time running up to it, that my family didn't have massive arguements, with screaming and shouting and the lot. I couldn't really concentrate and there was the operation too.

I can do it! I feel so much more positive right now ... thanks.

Where do you have your offers from btw?

Quick Reply

Latest