The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by morning boner
my friend bought a £3.50 bottle of strawberry lube and told me that it felt like heaven when he knocked one off using this (said it tasted nice too). i wanna buy this but it would be awkward as **** waiting in the queue and rolling up to the till with a masturbating accessory in my hand.

what do i do?

you can use lube for sex, they wont necessarily be thinking you're using it to masturbate...plus, speaking of someone who works with the public, nobody pays attention to what you are buying because they're so unbelievably bored
AND, you'll never see them again anyway
Reply 41
Self Service check outs :biggrin:
Reply 42
any tips on how to handle the awkwardness of buying a fleshlite?
Original post by I<3LAMP
Man Up?

Seriously no one cares what you are buying, well unless you are standing in the queue next to your Dad or something.

Buy it, and if anyone glances over smile with pride, as you're getting some love from Mrs Palm.

:pierre:

Your sig....... :drool:
Reply 44
my friend bought a £3.50 bottle of strawberry lube and told me that it felt like heaven when he knocked one off using this (said it tasted nice too). i wanna buy this but it would be awkward as **** waiting in the queue and rolling up to the till with a masturbating accessory in my hand.

what do i do?

Man up. It'll probably come up as "Chemist Goods" on the till, rather than "ZOMG! SEX PRODUCTS! AHAHAHAHAHA!". If you're struggling to pluck up the courage, either use a self-service checkout or buy some online.
Reply 45
Borrow your friends lube
There is absolutely nothing embarrassing about buying lube, or any other sex related product, from a shop if you're a well adjusted individual.
Reply 47
If I saw someone buying flavoured lubed one of the last things I'd assume is that they were planning to masterbate with it, is it even a common practice to do so? o.o
I once bought condoms and lube from Boots. Bear in mind that even though I'm a month off 19, I still get IDed for 15s (and occasionally, 12s), so they thought that someone incredibly underaged was going to have sex. Guy didn't blink, very professional.

The key thing is to not look awkward. Just walk in, get lube, put it on the desk, give money, put it in a bag (remember this part - you don't want to be carrying lube around visibly). If you act as though it's something you do all the time, you won't be noticed. They will have sold this stuff many times.
Reply 49
Original post by allura
If I saw someone buying flavoured lubed one of the last things I'd assume is that they were planning to masterbate with it, is it even a common practice to do so? o.o
dunno but i'm definitely bashing at least 5 times the day i buy it.
Reply 50
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry to hijack the thread but I need to buy lube also! I plan on getting it from Sainsburies as they have they have the self check out, but one question - whereabouts would it be? Would it be near toiletries or a more 'discreet' place?

Next to the condoms, which are usually in the medicines and cosmetics section of the store.
Reply 51

what do i do?

ahah XD really no big deal

I guess what it comes down to is how embarrassed you seem whilst standing in the queue with it. If you seem embarrassed, its more likely to make others embarrassed 'for' you, or feel like there must be something to be embarrassed about.

If you're like me, and just wait in the queue with it like you're buying a bar of soap or something, nobody seems to bat an eyelid. No one cares, because 'you' dont care.

confidence babeh :biggrin:
Reply 52
Original post by lightburns
I once bought condoms and lube from Boots. Bear in mind that even though I'm a month off 19, I still get IDed for 15s (and occasionally, 12s), so they thought that someone incredibly underaged was going to have sex. Guy didn't blink, very professional.

The key thing is to not look awkward. Just walk in, get lube, put it on the desk, give money, put it in a bag (remember this part - you don't want to be carrying lube around visibly). If you act as though it's something you do all the time, you won't be noticed. They will have sold this stuff many times.

There's no age restriction on buying lubricant or condoms.
sh;t, you sound like some expert. nice.

Well its just common sense isn't it?

what do i do?

Not quite the same, though me and my girlfriend usedto go in there every month or so, load up a three pack box of condoms of each variety, plus a tube of lubricant and then place them on the counter. I even bought a small cylinder of vaseline once, to boot. I don't care man.

The look on my face = not a single **** was given.
Reply 55
Original post by Alex18cardiff
Well its just common sense isn't it?
nah don't try hide it, you're in superdrug buying strawberry lube every day. nothing to be embarrased about man, i respect your tactics.
Reply 56
just go to a far faw away superdrug, buy crap loads and chances are no ones gonna bump into you or see you that recognises u.....Q.E.D
I used to work in Boots, we don't find your purchases half as interesting as you do tbh. It's not like you're going to put the lube on the counter and the cashier will be like 'HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK WHAT THIS GUY'S BUYING!' Man up.

And buying flavoured stuff for fapping seems pointless.
Original post by tinaturnerbunsenburner
Your sig....... :drool:

Thank you TinaTurnerBunsenBurner! Awesome name btw....from Brainiac?
Original post by gingerrama
I used to work in Boots, we don't find your purchases half as interesting as you do tbh. It's not like you're going to put the lube on the counter and the cashier will be like 'HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK WHAT THIS GUY'S BUYING!' Man up.

And buying flavoured stuff for fapping seems pointless.

Unless he usually licks his hand afterwards. :mmm:

Latest

Trending

Trending