Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I shall inaugurate this by saying that

I HATE REVISION ALMOST AS MUCH AS MY DEGREE WHICH IS A LOT :p:
Reply 2
Original post by ukebert

Please rate some other members before... etc. Can we just start saying PRSOM?

I feel I should post as I petitioned for the thread to be started. Therefore. I am writing an essay on Vergangenheitsbewaeltigung, which takes so long to write that I feel I should be able to just write it three times and be done with the essay.
Reply 3
Original post by ukebert

Love my degree, LOATHE revision.

And on that note, I'm going to go watch Madmen with my girlfriend.
Blegh I know first year History exams don't count and stuff but it is still horrible that they're on TUESDAY and I have NO idea what I'm doing.

You'd think coming to Cambridge would motivate me...instead I seem to have lost the ability to revise or work.

Great.
:frown:

EDIT: what's with the neg rep?!
(edited 12 years ago)
My revision has consisted of me working out which topics I know nothing about. This would be 95% of every subject then...
Reply 6
This time next year when I am graduated and all my (at present, work-free) linguist friends are coming up to their finals, I shall come to visit them in Cambridge and do something along the lines of:

:hahaha:
Reply 7
Original post by brimstone
This time next year when I am graduated and all my (at present, work-free) linguist friends are coming up to their finals, I shall come to visit them in Cambridge and do something along the lines of:

:hahaha:

Were I in your position, I would be sorely tempted to do the same!

However, (and I'm not going to befoul the Exam Stress Thread too much)...I do have a dissertation to write...and have to pass several courses designed for Chilean university students who can, y'know, actually speak Spanish properly, on pain of having to repay my scholarship money :mad:

But still, lots of sympathy and hugs (and more if you don't ACTUALLY do that next year...).
Original post by 03jenniferp

You'd think coming to Cambridge would motivate me...instead I seem to have lost the ability to revise or work.

Great.

Eurgh, I'm in the same position. I finally worked out the whole hard work thing for my A2s and now come exam term... gone!
Reply 9
I'm really worried that my first supervision back is going to rock my confidence again, when I feel as though I'm actually doing really well (well, a normal, manageable level of examfear) at the moment finally, and am revising at my own pace and figuring things out on my own. But equally, I really need to see my supervisors to get various admin things sorted, for one thing, and I shouldn't feel like I don't want supervision, because that's bad and there's so much I can't figure out.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by 03jenniferp
Blegh I know first year History exams don't count and stuff but it is still horrible that they're on TUESDAY and I have NO idea what I'm doing.

Great.

Hear hear. All the glamour of Cambridge seems to wear off once you actually get in. :rolleyes:

I hate revision, It seems to never end - GCSEs, AS, A2, university....I'd rather go shopping.
Reply 11
Original post by Canned Door
I'm really worried that my first supervision back is going to rock my confidence again, when I feel as though I'm actually doing really well (well, a normal, manageable level of examfear) at the moment finally, and am revising at my own pace and figuring things out on my own. But equally, I really need to see my supervisors to get various admin things sorted, for one thing, and I shouldn't feel like I don't want supervision, because that's bad and there's so much I can't figure out.

Don't have them for the sake of it though. The best thing I did for my exams last year was to cancel my final Spanish supervision. Although I had a nice supervisor, she seemed to turn into some kind of demon who was intent on destroying every last shred of confidence I possessed when we got into the supervision room. So have them if you need them but don't feel obliged if you think it will be counter productive.
Reply 12
Original post by Rob da Mop
Eurgh, I'm in the same position. I finally worked out the whole hard work thing for my A2s and now come exam term... gone!

Yep, it happens. Don't worry, they won't be as bad as you think they will be and if they are, they'll be over before you know it. And if they aren't then they will be over sometime :p:

First exam TOMORROW. Argh :s-smilie:
I'm really nervous about my French oral exam tomorrow. Had a rather bad mock at the end of last term, and the feedback was filled with helpful comments like "Unlike the other students, you just haven't really improved at all this year, you've just sort of plateau-ed." What fun.
Reply 14
Urgh. Exams? Let me get started with coursework and sheets from the holidays, then I'll give them a think...think this thread may be needed!
Reply 15
Original post by Mrs Cullen
I'm really nervous about my French oral exam tomorrow. Had a rather bad mock at the end of last term, and the feedback was filled with helpful comments like "Unlike the other students, you just haven't really improved at all this year, you've just sort of plateau-ed." What fun.

OUCH. I hate that kind of feedback. I'm sure it'll be fine :smile:

Don't worry too much about it. Feedback should be taken with a pinch of salt. Last year, I had very encouraging feedback from supervisors such as:

"Your structure and analysis is bizarre and flawed. Your choice of caselaw is odd. Good luck in your exam next week"

"You're enthusiastic but you haven't grasped the basic concepts of tort"

And my personal favourite started with: "OK, you're not going to fail. BUT..."

And I did fine on all 3 of those subjects in the end.

Mocks are designed to go badly - you always do better in the real thing :smile:
Exams :ahhhhh::afraid:
Reply 18
Original post by ukebert

3rd year engineer here, exams start tomorrow :eek:

I guess we get the stress out of the way early on!
Reply 19

Arrrghh! Horrid feedback! Don't worry too much, it seems to me that orals are a bit flukey (which can be good or bad, but it means there's no use worrying!). I recommend getting slightly angry, although you need a topic you can be angry about, I was really lucky to get the Far Right while my friend got GM food...

Latest

Trending

Trending