The Student Room Group

TSR Pagan Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeathGuardElite
is it ok if i PM you in order to explain a few things?
Sure, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to answer! :smile:
Original post by Bexsqueak
Not sure what to say now I've revived the thread... for some reason all I can think of is Merlin on the BBC cos it's associated with Paganism haha...
Well it is Lammas today! :smile:
Original post by Pandora.

I'm currently preparing my own list of things for a ritual that i will do in December :biggrin: i cant wait to do it it involves fire haha.
I'm currently preparing my own list of things for a ritual that i will do in December :biggrin: i cant wait to do it it involves fire haha.
Oh? What will it be marking?
Oh? What will it be marking?

Oddly enough Blasphemy have to do it as a Demonolotary thing as i haven't done it fully yet. It involves getting out all anger against the church and well saying a few things and then burning a couple bits of paper and then its done. But it all needs black candles i just need to get a candle holder :smile:
Oddly enough Blasphemy have to do it as a Demonolotary thing as i haven't done it fully yet. It involves getting out all anger against the church and well saying a few things and then burning a couple bits of paper and then its done. But it all needs black candles i just need to get a candle holder :smile:
Ah, I see. :smile:

Out of interest, how would you explain your beliefs to someone completely new to it? (ie. Setting misconceptions straight) :smile:
Reply 586

It's lammas today? Really? I thought that was the tenth or something!!! Omg ive missed most of lammas! Oh well *frantically dusting altar to celebrate* happy lammas everyone!
Ah, I see. :smile:

Out of interest, how would you explain your beliefs to someone completely new to it? (ie. Setting misconceptions straight) :smile:

lol i shall start by explaining the misconceptions :P

We do not steal blood we take it from volunteers
We do not sacrifice animals
we do not sacrifice virgins
We do not commit ritual rape
We do not randomly kill people
Some Demonolotary practiioners do worship the devil however i do not as i have a pantheon of different gods and in my book Satan is more of one of the most powerful demons.
We will not kill you with magic if you do not stop for us as a crossing we honestly dont have time and if we did we couldn't be bothered
We do not use magic to break up families its a waste of time and effort
If we want revenge we normally go for the person so breaking up families would be stupid as we only wish to harm one person not one person and someone that had no part in it.
etc etc if you have any other issues you may have of what i "do" then say at once please and i shall deal with them.

I do do a ton of rituals for various magic groups i am part of.
all are mainly different in their own way each are done for different reasons.
We do use black candles its quite important.
Original post by Bexsqueak
It's lammas today? Really? I thought that was the tenth or something!!! Omg ive missed most of lammas! Oh well *frantically dusting altar to celebrate* happy lammas everyone!
I didn't realise either :ninja: Happy lammas!

lol i shall start by explaining the misconceptions :P

We do not steal blood we take it from volunteers
We do not sacrifice animals
we do not sacrifice virgins
We do not commit ritual rape
We do not randomly kill people
Some Demonolotary practiioners do worship the devil however i do not as i have a pantheon of different gods and in my book Satan is more of one of the most powerful demons.
We will not kill you with magic if you do not stop for us as a crossing we honestly dont have time and if we did we couldn't be bothered
We do not use magic to break up families its a waste of time and effort
If we want revenge we normally go for the person so breaking up families would be stupid as we only wish to harm one person not one person and someone that had no part in it.
etc etc if you have any other issues you may have of what i "do" then say at once please and i shall deal with them.

I do do a ton of rituals for various magic groups i am part of.
all are mainly different in their own way each are done for different reasons.
We do use black candles its quite important.
Thanks for that :smile: How often do you encounter misconceptions like that?
I didn't realise either :ninja: Happy lammas!

Thanks for that :smile: How often do you encounter misconceptions like that?

yep also i think we need a new thread is all various groups of paganism on the OP it would help quite a lot in the long run.
yep also i think we need a new thread is all various groups of paganism on the OP it would help quite a lot in the long run.
If we could put together a good OP it might be worth asking the mods to make it the OP of this thread. :smile: I agree, a good explanation paganism and its various groups would be very helpful.
If we could put together a good OP it might be worth asking the mods to make it the OP of this thread. :smile: I agree, a good explanation paganism and its various groups would be very helpful.

That's not a bad idea - remember you've also got the ask a pagan thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=34433283 to correct misconceptions as well.

Yeah i know two mods that might help Xotol or Stiff Little Fingers (i think his name is)

hmmmm we should do like three each really like i could do Satanism Magic and Nova Roma while you could do Wicca Norse and Greek
but that leaves out Druid Egyptian Sumerian Saxon(related to norse) :/
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
That's not a bad idea - remember you've also got the ask a pagan thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=34433283 to correct misconceptions as well.

oh wow thanks mate :biggrin:
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Good point, I forgot about that - thanks! :smile:
Good point, I forgot about that - thanks! :smile:

hmmm i am gonna do a youtube video and i shall put it on here and on the society itself simply a welcome XD from me directly :smile:
Yeah i know two mods that might help Xotol or Stiff Little Fingers (i think his name is)

hmmmm we should do like three each really like i could do Satanism Magic and Nova Roma while you could do Wicca Norse and Greek
but that leaves out Druid Egyptian Sumerian Saxon(related to norse) :/
I'll be away until Sunday, but I'm up for giving it a go after that. I'm happy enough to research into the areas we don't know much about - if we put a basic explanation and leave it for any experts to add more to, that should suffice.

hmmm i am gonna do a youtube video and i shall put it on here and on the society itself simply a welcome XD from me directly :smile:
Go for it! :awesome:
I'll be away until Sunday, but I'm up for giving it a go after that. I'm happy enough to research into the areas we don't know much about - if we put a basic explanation and leave it for any experts to add more to, that should suffice.

Go for it! :awesome:

I am going to add a ton of stuff XD also later on i shall add a thread for people to discuss and or talk about their alters and ritual practices or tbh show off how much you can spend on the alter XD

EDIT: Video shall be done on Saturday at the earliest I need to check if i have all my recording software still :smile:
good news i have it all XD
(edited 10 years ago)
I am going to add a ton of stuff XD also later on i shall add a thread for people to discuss and or talk about their alters and ritual practices or tbh show off how much you can spend on the alter XD

EDIT: Video shall be done on Saturday at the earliest I need to check if i have all my recording software still :smile:
Great! That sounds really good! I'm quite ashamed to say I don't have an altar at the moment but I plan to which I have the chance. :redface: I need it to keep me focused, on the right track.
Great! That sounds really good! I'm quite ashamed to say I don't have an altar at the moment but I plan to which I have the chance. :redface: I need it to keep me focused, on the right track.

It will be uploaded Saturday night but i will be recording it tomorrow as i will also be doing a new special intro just for it and for the series i shall put on youtube just for pagans and people that want to know about it :smile: i'm basically our PR guy haha I will be using this picture for part of the intro.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlZStpYN79d3_4q0SC7UAY9GFuarsU6qazCwpukOcSBxYbS-mQxQ
i used it on my other youtube videoes so i dont wish to go off my norm haha if you can advise any other pics you'd like added please say so :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending