The Student Room Group

anyone tried slim fast?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
1200 per day is actually very low as it is. You should probably try to change what you eat to healthier options, rather than to cut down the calories.

When I was on my diet (well, still am) I lost more weight eating 1500 per day than I did eating 1000 per day. I can't explain why- maybe it's because my body thought I was starving it so held onto everything it could.. but there you go.

You should take note of this info dreamer (worlds worst bulk????) the fewer calories you get the more likly your body will go into starvation mode and you will store fat much easier because your body dosnt know when its next decent meal is coming. Same as wild animals, which is essentially what we are..... just a little dumber sometimes.
Original post by dreamer_x
okay.. is there any need to be so aggressive?

i should point out that I usually eat around 1200 calories a day anyway so really im doing this to get myself in the habit of eating less. I don't expect to lose a lot, but Im hoping it will set me up mentally for a long term diet.

You realise your already taking in around half your RDA of calories then, lessening that is just stupid.
Original post by silverbolt
You realise your already taking in around half your RDA of calories then, lessening that is just stupid.

I didnt want to say this, but maybe she just wants us to justify her eating disorder.
Reply 23
The ppl to listen to for loosing fat have to be pro bodybuilders. They are constantly on a cylce of a bulk and cut so they def know how to loose the fat. Weight watchers and slim fast are aimed at women since they are only capable of using 1 brain cell at a time- also they don't have time for the gym since they practically live in the kitchens making yum yums for the far superior sex
(edited 12 years ago)
its good to see someones on the same page as me here...now il sit back and watch the neg reps roll in (like i give a ****)
Reply 25
Original post by Bloodbath
The ppl to listen to for loosing fat have to be pro bodybuilders. They are constantly on a cylce of a bulk and cut so they def know how to loose the fat. Weight watchers and slim fast are aimed at women since they are only capable of using 1 brain cell at a time- also they don't have time for the gym since they practically live in the kitchens making yum yums for the far superior sex

the weight watches that has meetings close to my house has a sign saying when their meetings are. theres one every night of the week one day a womans one, one day a mixed one, and 5 days a week a males only one...
Reply 26
Original post by boba
the weight watches that has meetings close to my house has a sign saying when their meetings are. theres one every night of the week one day a womans one, one day a mixed one, and 5 days a week a males only one...

Well some men will be retarded as well- can't really help that except look down at them in shame
im thinking about going to weightwatchers when ive finished my bulk
I tried the Slimfast diet in the late nineties. I lost exactly 10 pounds in 1 month. I drank 2 Slimfast cans of the premixed Slimfast and had a sensible dinner. I may have had 1/2 cup of non-fat yogurt in between meals 1-2 times, or fresh fruit. I drank plenty of water. I worked on my feet, but just did some of my exercises at home when I had the time, which was not daily. I went down one size and you could tell! I wasn't too overweight, but I did want to lose more. I stopped the Slimfast diet and just was very careful about what I ate. I then joined a gym and went 3 times a week. From then, I lost 15 more pounds within 2 months. I am going on the Slimfast diet again, 40 years later, and incorporating swimming. I hope it will work as well as it did in the past.
Original post by oh-my-diddy
Yeah, I tried Slimfast but it made me fatter.

I tried Slimfast when I was 38 yrs old. I did lose 10 pounds in 1 month. I drank 2 cans of chocolate Slimfast every day and had a sensible dinner. The only snacks I ate were no fat yogurt or fresh fruit. After that month, I just watched what I ate and continued losing weight. I did add more exercise as time went on. I believe, Slimfast does work as long as you do not cheat! Just do it exactly like they say and don't eat or drink anymore than you are supposed to and it will work. Of course, exercise will help!

Quick Reply

Latest