The Student Room Group

XYZ's log

Scroll to see replies

Thanks. Yep.
Reply 1181
ahahaha reps on recharge for the plies track

Original post by Michael XYZ

What are targets for 2013? 200kg x 3 for squats?
Reply 1185
I squat identical to you now I've revised my technique

very nice lifting
My goal for 2013 is hitting at least 200kg and hopefully more like 205-210kg. However, the Summer will be a bit brutal so I'm not sure how progress will be then.
My goal for 2013 is hitting at least 200kg and hopefully more like 205-210kg. However, the Summer will be a bit brutal so I'm not sure how progress will be then.

Awesome, good luck with it!
Just going light till 2nd January when gym re-opens. Nothing really to report for this week although I might throw some ideas about how I'm going to be training.
How are your shoulders so good? I vaguely remember you had a (relatively) weak press until quite recently?
It still sucks. The other day I hit a PR of 65x1 on OHP. That's pretty poor considering I pause benched 110x1.

I would say it's genetic and also how I train. I do fairly high volume on pressing days which obviously hits shoulders a lot. But of course genetics helps too because as you say, it's a poor OHP. Still, hard to say in the end, not like I had good shoulders before training so a lot will still be training.
I don't think its that poor, the "normal" ratio is 66%, so around 73kg would be average
Original post by redbuthotter
I don't think its that poor, the "normal" ratio is 66%, so around 73kg would be average

66% works out exactly right for me! 122.5x1 bench, 80x1 strict press.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes but also that's paused so TnG would be a bit higher.
Bodyweight: 80.5kg (maybe)

I say maybe because I think my scales are ****ed up. I weighed myself this morning pre-shower and it said 81.0kg. I had a shower and decided to weigh myself again and it kept saying 80.5kg. I don't know how I lost 0.5kg having a showering so either showering is the key to cuts or it's ****ed up.

Regardless, I will now be slow bulking. Not sure what to do on scale front (may buy new one) but the goal is 1-1.5kg/month so 0.2-0.4kg/week. Goal is to be in a small surplus in which I can make good strength gains and also muscle gains. I've increased calories to 2950/day and will play around with that if it doesn't bring desired effects.

I have training numbers and everything figured out so all I need to do is hit them to make some good progress.
Deadlift

Deadlift
170kg - 1x5

Front Squat
110kg - 5, 3, 3

Pendlay Row
75kg - 3x8

Machine Row
47 - 2x12

Lat Pulldown
61 - 3x8

Grip Training

Hanging Leg Raise
BW - 2x10

Deadlift felt good and fast but then again it should do at that weight. I've decided to increase my back work a little and also drop the weight a bit on some and focus more on keeping good form. Got a good pump from it all so that's good I suppose. Front squat felt a bit **** today though. I did 5 and then thought I may as well cruise a bit and did 2x3 after. It just felt very heavy and not very stable either.
Deadlift

Deadlift
170kg - 1x5

Front Squat
110kg - 5, 3, 3

Pendlay Row
75kg - 3x8

Machine Row
47 - 2x12

Lat Pulldown
61 - 3x8

Grip Training

Hanging Leg Raise
BW - 2x10

Deadlift felt good and fast but then again it should do at that weight. I've decided to increase my back work a little and also drop the weight a bit on some and focus more on keeping good form. Got a good pump from it all so that's good I suppose. Front squat felt a bit **** today though. I did 5 and then thought I may as well cruise a bit and did 2x3 after. It just felt very heavy and not very stable either.

What do you do for grip training? Mine keeps letting me down during DL's? I've ordered some chalk as well, hopefully that will help...
I just do plate pinches (pinching plates lol) for time). Not sure if it REALLY helps but meh, takes like 5 mins max so worth a go.

Yes, chalk will help an enormous amount. I've never failed a DL due to grip with chalk and I have tiny child hands.
I just do plate pinches (pinching plates lol) for time). Not sure if it REALLY helps but meh, takes like 5 mins max so worth a go.

Yes, chalk will help an enormous amount. I've never failed a DL due to grip with chalk and I have tiny child hands.

Lol thanks for the advice!
Reply 1199
Original post by areebmazhar
What do you do for grip training? Mine keeps letting me down during DL's? I've ordered some chalk as well, hopefully that will help...

I wouldn't bother doing any grip work until you've tried your DLs with chalk, it really makes an insane amount of difference.

Quick Reply

Latest