The Student Room Group

Should I get labiaplasty plastic surgery at 15?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by wangelo
The thing is I think there's a massive cultural difference between other countries and the UK when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Like in Portugal after PE at school you have to shower or you can sometimes get sent home. Here in the UK you do PE and just put on school clothes on top of all the sweat and eugh. I can't imagine people having showers in the UK after PE because they always seemed so immature/uncomfortable when it came to that kind of stuff.

I do think there is a cultural difference. We never used to shower after PE, but to be fair I wouldn't know because standing around in a field during rounders didn't work up much of a sweat (I was never into PE)....

Calling us immature is a bit of insult. Cultures will have different standards and normalities and you will find the other differences if you go and live somewhere like, for instance, South Africa for a while. I respect your cultural norms and it should be mutual.
Reply 61
OP since your GP said they were normal you probably won't get this surgery on the NHS so if you want any real advice you will probably have to book a private consultation. I suspect that they will probably say you should come back when your over 16 (or maybe even 18) though, and even if they don't it won't be cheap. if you are seriously considering this surgery make sure you research it properly including all of the risks and make sure you have realistic expectations of the results.
Reply 62
Original post by Cinamon
I do think there is a cultural difference. We never used to shower after PE, but to be fair I wouldn't know because standing around in a field during rounders didn't work up much of a sweat (I was never into PE)....

Calling us immature is a bit of insult. Cultures will have different standards and normalities and you will find the other differences if you go and live somewhere like, for instance, South Africa for a while. I respect your cultural norms and it should be mutual.

When I said immature, I was generally talking about the people that were in my school, maybe I should have stated that. I completely respect your cultural norms too.
(edited 12 years ago)
You'll grow into them.
Reply 64
Original post by wangelo
When I said immature, I was generally talking about the people that were in my school, maybe I should have stated that. I completely respect your cultural norms too.

Ah well school kids are generally immature in every country :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by daisydaffodil
I wouldn't say it's perfectly normal - mine strech out so far that they hang over my underwear, and create a bulge if I wear a swimming costume or bikini - would you say that's normal? I have to bend down in the street, or nip to the loo so that they will fall back into place and not end up covered in blisters/friction burns or bleeding! Having had mine checked, they portrude by 7cm which a lot of people have said to me is abnormal and definitely a medical condition!

It's hard enough having to put up with such a condition, yet on the other hand if you decide not to put up with it and get surgery, you then have to put up with people saying you just want it for plastic surgery reasons/vanity (not that you are saying that, but there is a lot of that attitude going around) - it's very, very uncomfortable.

No, I wouldn't consider that to be normal. NHS guidelines state that surgery is warranted if it causes significant physical and/or emotional discomfort. Surely you qualify?

I was speaking in generalities though. Most girls with labial hypertrophy aren't affected in any way. Just as wisdom teeth are a common little thing that some people have removed if they cause discomfort, we should be viewing labial hypertrophy in the same way.

Give that your situation is one that causes you genuine physical discomfort, I can't imagine why anyone would judge you for having corrective surgery. I'm sorry if you felt as though an "attitude" is forming to that effect - I can't personally see it in reading this thread, but maybe it's because you're (obviously) more personally involved with the subject than I am.

In conclusion, please read this. I feel it sums up my point of view far better than I can.
Don't worry about what guys would think. You should worry about how you feel, and if it's causing you a lot of distress then maybe it's something to think about.
Reply 67
Original post by Cinamon
Ah well school kids are generally immature in every country :smile:

I guess :biggrin:
Reply 68
Original post by Anonymous
I have a condition which is known as 'elongated labia', basically my labia sticks out and it looks really hideous. I have been recently self-conscious about it because I'm worried I will get dumped by a future boyfriend or he will be too disgusted to have sex with me or something like that. It's really embarrassing but only my mother knows, she is the one who first pointed it out when I was 13, then she took me to the GP. The GP said that it is 'normal' and my mother is worried that they would think I would be too young to have surgery done on it.

A labiaplasty is labia reduction cosmetic surgery, I'm not planning on having sex at my age or anything but I just want to be prepared for the future. It makes me feel so low because it looks soooo weird looking. Do you think I would be able to get surgery done on it now, or not?

P.S I'm not Khoisan.

I'd wait till your more or less fully grown then get it done if you want it done. Don't get it done until you're thinking of having sex anyway.
I had my labiaplasty at 19 and it was one of the best decisions i made. I was able to have the op on the NHS due to the fact they often caused physical discomfort. The operation itself was very quick (day surgery, i was home by lunchtime), I didnt require many painkillers and things got back to normal pretty quickly afterwards. My boyfriend at the time wasnt bothered either way, but i felt much happier and relaxed for having it done.

If they cause you pain and make you unhappy then surgery can be a very positive step.
Reply 70
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Good lord.

I know that conincidentaly/ironically* this is the third thread today I have seen about large and abnormal labias.

* Select appropriate "al"-ism
Reply 71
Original post by Dosp
I bet you're one of those incredibly shallow females who would dump a guy because his dick wasn't big or pretty enough.

Dick size is completely different from labia size. Labia only effect physical appearance (unless they're so big that a medical condition is involved). The size of a dick, however, can seriously reduce sexual pleasure for the woman. You're not comparing like with like.

I fully admit that if the size of a guy's dick prevented me from enjoying sex with him, I would have to break up with him, as sexual pleasure is important to me in a relationship. However, as long as it felt good, I would not care about how the dick looked. I don't see why this is shallow or hypocritical. If you disagree, please explain why.
Don't have surgery- any man who would be put off is a sad loser.
Reply 73
I imagine the doctors seen quite a few vaginas in his time and if he thinks it normal then trust him. I mean has your mother seen more than him? Or get a second opinion from another doctor if you're really worried.
Reply 74
Original post by Roloqueen
Dick size is completely different from labia size. Labia only effect physical appearance (unless they're so big that a medical condition is involved). The size of a dick, however, can seriously reduce sexual pleasure for the woman. You're not comparing like with like.

I fully admit that if the size of a guy's dick prevented me from enjoying sex with him, I would have to break up with him, as sexual pleasure is important to me in a relationship. However, as long as it felt good, I would not care about how the dick looked. I don't see why this is shallow or hypocritical. If you disagree, please explain why.

Most women would dump a guy if his cock wasn't big (or at least avoid having sex or giving him blowjobs often). Average-sized ones apparently aren't good enough anymore. I also said that most women would dump a guy if his cock was "ugly".
Ask women and nearly all of them will say that they want the really big ones.
Reply 75
Original post by Dosp
Most women would dump a guy if his cock wasn't big (or at least avoid having sex or giving him blowjobs often). Average-sized ones apparently aren't good enough anymore. I also said that most women would dump a guy if his cock was "ugly".
Ask women and nearly all of them will say that they want the really big ones.

Actually, I have hardly ever met a woman who says that she wants an above--average-sized and aesthetically pleasing cock. Maybe you've just met the wrong women, mate. We're not all the same.

Besides, you might be confusing women's fantasies with the reality of what they will accept. In the same way, a lot of guys will say that they want to date a woman with an amazing figure and awesome features, but the majority are very happy in practice to date women who don't reflect this ideal. Women who talk about how much they like enormous cocks will not necessarily expect this in real life or see it as a deal-breaker in a relationship. This is surely evidenced by the fact that the majority of men are only of average size, but aren't prevented from enjoying relationships!
Reply 76
i have this issue as well. it really bothered me but i wasn't offered surgery.
it took me a very long time before i could tell my boyfriend why we hadn't gone further, and he just laughed at me for being so silly about it. since then my boyfriend has said it didn't bother him in the least, and therefore didn't bother ME in the least. trust me, not having that surgery was the best thing that ever happened to me.
PM me if you need to talk :smile: xxx
I'm 18, and I know exactly how you feel. I have a boyfriend, and we do have sexual intercourse, but I'm always wary and not showing him properly. I do wonder if it affects our relationship, because he does say to me why cant you show me? he knows I'm not confident with the way I look, but he accepts it. I am considering surgery. I know if I told him, he would disagree with me having it, but I want him to be attracted to me properly. I love him lots, and if I was completely confident, I know it would make a huge difference to our sex life. To be honest, it depends on how you feel whether you want to take surgery or not. I'm considering it, because I know no matter hard I tried, I wouldn't be able to be confident with how I look down there! It's a bid decision, especially at your age, I would wait a few years, you don't need to worry about it yet. Its hard giving advice, because sometimes it doesn't really make a difference, its how you feel inside and your confidence. People can say your beautiful etc, but you make think differently, if you think its affecting you and nothing could change that, then get it done. It's not a nice feeling I know, you wish you looked like other girls who are neat and tidy. But you can either change the way you look, or just embrace the way you are. Whatever you decide, its not a bad decision, so theres no need to worry! x
Please don't do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pinkjelly12
I'm 18, and I know exactly how you feel. I have a boyfriend, and we do have sexual intercourse, but I'm always wary and not showing him properly. I do wonder if it affects our relationship, because he does say to me why cant you show me? he knows I'm not confident with the way I look, but he accepts it. I am considering surgery. I know if I told him, he would disagree with me having it, but I want him to be attracted to me properly. I love him lots, and if I was completely confident, I know it would make a huge difference to our sex life. To be honest, it depends on how you feel whether you want to take surgery or not. I'm considering it, because I know no matter hard I tried, I wouldn't be able to be confident with how I look down there! It's a bid decision, especially at your age, I would wait a few years, you don't need to worry about it yet. Its hard giving advice, because sometimes it doesn't really make a difference, its how you feel inside and your confidence. People can say your beautiful etc, but you make think differently, if you think its affecting you and nothing could change that, then get it done. It's not a nice feeling I know, you wish you looked like other girls who are neat and tidy. But you can either change the way you look, or just embrace the way you are. Whatever you decide, its not a bad decision, so theres no need to worry! x

He already is attracted to you because if he wasn't, he would be with someone else! :wink:

So please, stop worrying about it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending