The Student Room Group

Woodhouse College Q&A Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asif007
Yeah, a couple of people I knew did 5 AS Levels.

Oh I thought they only did four.
Do u think doing more A levels is good for uni??
Original post by rayestar
Oh I thought they only did four.
Do u think doing more A levels is good for uni??

No, definitely not. Quality, not quantity. Most uni courses want good grades rather than more subjects. Better to get 4 A-grades rather than 5 B-grades, right?
Original post by asif007
No, definitely not. Quality, not quantity. Most uni courses want good grades rather than more subjects. Better to get 4 A-grades rather than 5 B-grades, right?

yeahh, true that.
Original post by geniequeen48
My a level options are Chemistry, Biology, English Literature and Spanish-we could be in the same class for the sciences haha. Tbh I hate to say my career aims cos people have heard it too many times and think "aww not another one". I want to be a surgeon but the best way is through medicine (which is sadly extremely competitive) but I'll try! If that doesn't work out I could study biomedical science then study a degree called Physician Associate where I could train to be a First Assistant surgeon which I think involves some surgical procedures. Tbh idk if I'm going to the introductory day cos it might clash with another event I'm planning to go to, so I'm not sure.

Omg... We literally have the same subjects looooll
Original post by lessanne
Omg... We literally have the same subjects looooll

Hahahaha that's odd
Hahahaha that's odd

Looool cos I don't know much people doing Spanish aswell
Looool cos I don't know much people doing Spanish aswell

It seems to be really popular at woodhouse
It seems to be really popular at woodhouse

You 100% going woodhouse?
You 100% going woodhouse?

Yup, you?
Yup, you?

Yep :smile:
Yep :smile:

Out of curiousity, why did u pick those a levels? :smile:
Out of curiousity, why did u pick those a levels? :smile:

Biology and Chemistry because I've always love sciences, they're extremely interesting for me and would actually love to study in the bio-chemist field. Whether it be a nurse or something, I'm not entirely sure yetttt but hopefully it comes to me. Spanish because I love it, always wanted to become fluent in it and plus my parents speak French at home so it's an advantage as there's many cognates. Also English lit cos I'm an essay based person, love writing and analysising stuff. I like historical English over modern English and the syllabus for English lit is just that :smile: sorry for the long para lmao
How tolerant are Woodhouse when wanting to change to a different subject?
I want to change Gov and Pol to Economics. I've called up other colleges that I am possibly going to and they've said it's fine. What about woodhouse??
Biology and Chemistry because I've always love sciences, they're extremely interesting for me and would actually love to study in the bio-chemist field. Whether it be a nurse or something, I'm not entirely sure yetttt but hopefully it comes to me. Spanish because I love it, always wanted to become fluent in it and plus my parents speak French at home so it's an advantage as there's many cognates. Also English lit cos I'm an essay based person, love writing and analysising stuff. I like historical English over modern English and the syllabus for English lit is just that :smile: sorry for the long para lmao

LOL we're so similar! I and my family speak french too haha. I loooove english lit too oh ma daaayzz i never liked a subject so much.
Original post by Kiniun
How tolerant are Woodhouse when wanting to change to a different subject?
I want to change Gov and Pol to Economics. I've called up other colleges that I am possibly going to and they've said it's fine. What about woodhouse??

hmmm they didn't seem to like it when my friend changed her subjects, but thats cos she wanted her sciences to be humanities which are totally different from each other. How different will your changes be?
Original post by rayestar
hmmm they didn't seem to like it when my friend changed her subjects, but thats cos she wanted her sciences to be humanities which are totally different from each other. How different will your changes be?

Not too different, it would definitely link to my other subject choices though!
I'm just worried becuase economics seems to be a very popular a-level to take there so i might not even get it
Original post by Kiniun
Not too different, it would definitely link to my other subject choices though!
I'm just worried becuase economics seems to be a very popular a-level to take there so i might not even get it

oh right. but if u got a conditional offer, doesn't it mean you'll get the subject?
LOL we're so similar! I and my family speak french too haha. I loooove english lit too oh ma daaayzz i never liked a subject so much.

Hahahah awwww, where you from? I wish I was fluent in French, I can only understand not speak lmao
Hahahah awwww, where you from? I wish I was fluent in French, I can only understand not speak lmao

Haha aww. I'm french algerian xD
Haha aww. I'm french algerian xD

Aww my friend is French Algerian, I'm from Congo they speak French down there ahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending