The Student Room Group

Am I getting the right amount of student finance??

Hi, just found a letter with some amounts about what I would be entitled to and they don't quite match what my grants and loans will be that student finance will give me.

I filled it all in with my parents income which is at an amount that would allow for maximum amounts and these are what it says i'm intitled to:

Tuition: £3375
Maintence Loan: £3580 (living away from home)
Maintence Grant: £2906

The thing that is concerning me is the letter says for the loan up £4950, can anyone tell me if the amounts i'll get are right? Is it to do with you cant have the maximum loan and grant?? Slightly confused :s-smilie:

Thanks!
Reply 1
Sounds right to me, I believe that is the full maximum loan + grant.

I'm not sure where the £4950 is from, although if you are planning on a london uni then you are entilted to a greater mantaince loan, which could be where this figure came from? I assume you aren't going to a london uni.
i was just going to say it differs if you are going to a university in london soo. if you have personal tutors check with them thats what i did =D
Reply 3
That looks right to me. I get the maximum and I get ~£6400 per year. If you get a maintenance grant then you lose 50p of the loan for every £1 of the grant you receive.
Reply 4
Original post by Andy Ftw
Sounds right to me, I believe that is the full maximum loan + grant.

I'm not sure where the £4950 is from, although if you are planning on a london uni then you are entilted to a greater mantaince loan, which could be where this figure came from? I assume you aren't going to a london uni.

The £4950 was on a sheet which the college gave me and on the same one says that for London its up to £6928 so I dont think its to do that :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by Gemini92
That looks right to me. I get the maximum and I get ~£6400 per year. If you get a maintenance grant then you lose 50p of the loan for every £1 of the grant you receive.

Ahh right! That explains why the loan is lower then, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending