The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSR King
No, it was one of the best decisions he's made this season.

And I stick by my words, he was **** and anyone saying otherwise has been carried away in euphoria. We won in spite of him not because of him.
I'm a newcastle supporter...

Tried to back newc -2 against Man U and was promptly told that the market didn't exist. Considering i was gonna put £10 on the win, £5 on the -1 and £5 on the -2 I wasn't a happy chappy :frown:

had Ba FG or LG and 2-1 though along with just the win. Extremely gutted :frown:

I was initially going to put a 50 on the 2-0 to utd but we are quite unpredictable this season. It would have been worth it had we been away, but not at home.

Oh well, roll on Newcastle top 4 @ 66/1 and tottenham to win outright @ 10/1 ! I think that top 4 is a bit of a pipe dream, but a few quid on it wont break the bank :biggrin: . And £20 on tottenham because there is a bit of value there especially if they bink the game in hand
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TCD23
And I stick by my words, he was **** and anyone saying otherwise has been carried away in euphoria. We won in spite of him not because of him.

That's how I felt about drogba when we faced you.
Original post by Chriswuk
If theres one thing I have faith in with this club its our scouts. If Tomkins has been favoured to Onuoha its for a good reason.

Don't buy tomkins, let him stay at west ham so they can bloody come up so I don't have to watch millwall try and destroy the houses near me. That and because I like west ham, as much as they piss me off with their **** defending, **** playmaking efforts in midfield and **** finishing.
Reply 2104
I'm sick of all the negativity regarding Shola Ameobi.

He's not Alan Shearer nor the most technically gifted player you'll see. But he's a local lad who's shown great loyalty. 13 years now. Plus EVERY game he plays in he gives 150% for Newcastle. Disgusting some of the abuse he gets.

Plus Talksport were arguing his case for international recognition for England yesterday, :coma:

Plus he had a brilliant game on wednesday night. anyone who thinks otherwise knows **** all about football. He held up the play brilliantly, got the assist for Demba's goal. and generally was a pain in the arse for Man Utd. If he'd played against Liverpool, i think we'd of done a whole lot better.
Original post by Vintage

He's not Alan Shearer nor the most technically gifted player you'll see. But he's a local lad who's shown great loyalty. 13 years now. Plus EVERY game he plays in he gives 150% for Newcastle. Disgusting some of the abuse he gets.

Plus Talksport were arguing his case for international recognition for England yesterday, :coma:

Plus he had a brilliant game on wednesday night. anyone who thinks otherwise knows **** all about football. He held up the play brilliantly, got the assist for Demba's goal. and generally was a pain in the arse for Man Utd. If he'd played against Liverpool, i think we'd of done a whole lot better.

Agreed. He's not the best footballer but he's loyal to the club and does have a role to play in certain games where a physical superiority can be exploited. Likewise I think he played a big role in the win against Man U. Not so sure if he would've been as effective against liverpool.
Original post by Vintage

Definitely. He's what I'd call a niche player - not a first choice striker to start week in week out, but very handy to have when specific tactics are used.
Do you think you have the personnel to cover the absences of Tiote and Ba (at the ACON)?

At least you have quite a few points in the bag already at this stage of the season. It's a nice reassurance to have, a good platform to go from. At least you're not going to be in a relegation dogfight, mind you look at what happened with Blackpool last season!
Original post by Colonel.
I can get you some, but only in Fulham seats. I have enough loyalty points.

Hey kind of you to offer to get me tickets thanks.

No thanks though now that I've gotten over not going plus I would want to sing.

Gonna go to Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs away instead. Which of these gives us the most away allocation? I know Chelsea's allocation is poor.
Arsenal gives a fair share of away seats. They need an atmosphere after all.
Original post by KingGoonIan
Hey kind of you to offer to get me tickets thanks.

No thanks though now that I've gotten over not going plus I would want to sing.

Gonna go to Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs away instead. Which of these gives us the most away allocation? I know Chelsea's allocation is poor.

Think it's meant to be 15% of the total seats to be allocated to away fans.

So since Arsenal have the biggest stadium, they'll be obliged to give the most seats to away fans. (circa 9000?)
Original post by Zerforax
Think it's meant to be 15% of the total seats to be allocated to away fans.

So since Arsenal have the biggest stadium, they'll be obliged to give the most seats to away fans. (circa 9000?)

Yes you're right but we don't always buy that much seats so was wondering what it's been like before. I think I'll go to either Spurs or Arsenal though. I've already been away to Chelsea twice.
Original post by white_haired_wizard
Do you think you have the personnel to cover the absences of Tiote and Ba (at the ACON)?

At least you have quite a few points in the bag already at this stage of the season. It's a nice reassurance to have, a good platform to go from. At least you're not going to be in a relegation dogfight, mind you look at what happened with Blackpool last season!

Cover for Tiote isn't a big problem. Guthrie played well coming in for him when he was injured, although now Guthrie is injured but should, I think, be back to fitness within a week or 2. We also have abeid who was originally touted to cover Tiote.

Ba is a bigger problem and I think we'll miss him massively and will struggle for goals.

Newcastle were never going to be in a relegation dogfight last season, too good to go down and got a record amount of points in the championship I swear. Blackpool always were. Newcastle had the team last season to stay up in mid table with ease, now they have the first team for europe if ben arfa could work harder and be right wing instead of obertan their first team would be.

krul
Simpson/santon, williamson(taylor's injured), colo, raylor
ben arfa, tiote, cabaye, gutierrez
Ba, best

Now a striker to partner ba to ease the pressure, another defender of colocini's/steven taylor's quality and they'll be a team pushing for europe and with squad depth champions league (in around 3 seasons though not now) seeing as santon's only going to get better and the team is relatively young.
(edited 12 years ago)
Can you see the word "Rock" underneath the Virgin Money logo?

Blackpool aren't comparable to us in any way. :colonhash:

But in answer to your question, yes, we won't miss Ba and Tiote too much IMO. We've got Gosling and Guthrie (he's due back soon, right?) to cover centre mid, and I'm confident Best and/or Shola will step up to the plate to fill Ba's goal void.
Reply 2116

That's what they reckon but I doubt it. I mean what release clause? Play well and we'll sell you, what, doesn't make any sense.
Original post by KingGoonIan
Can you see the word "Rock" underneath the Virgin Money logo?

Realised that during the game, guessing they just had a sticker made for the old kit.
So, Ba left for the African Cup of Nations. Tomorrow is the FA Cup tie against Blackburn. Who d'ya reckon will start up front? The Sunderland Echo seems to think the other BA will start, possibly alongside Best, but remember what we're dealing with here: Sunderland Echo.

Latest