The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Karma Charger
Probably out for the season. Usual recovey time for his type of injury is 6 months

we really need another defender. im hoping the big clubs don't get their hands on Captain Colo
Full extended amateur highlights of the match yesterday (22mins)

Reply 2522
Original post by James A
we really need another defender. im hoping the big clubs don't get their hands on Captain Colo

Absolutely, Williamson looked all out of sorts against Dempsey yesterday. I would have liked to see us go in for Onuoha or maybe Samba now?
I don't think you can blame Williamson for yesterday. The whole team's performance was diabolical in the second half and we should've stick to the way we played in the first half.
(edited 12 years ago)
Didn't see the game or highlights, but judging by the timings of their goals it was one hell of an implosion by us :s-smilie:
I checked the score on Ceefax. 1-0 at HT, not bad, then when I next looked it was 2-1. Then 4-1 :frown:
Reply 2526
Original post by James A
why not 4-4-2?

can't guthrie play in defence? williamson wasn't toooo bad yesterday, he helped out tremendously with the win over man united

Well no. :lolwut:
(edited 12 years ago)
Give Williamson a break like guys. :lolwut:

Yeh he had a bad game but generally he's been very solid for us. Anyone can have an off day. I remember when we had a similar result vs Bolton last season (5-1 I think?) and Enrique was absolutely horrendous.
Reply 2528
Only the 2nd time since he became England manager, Fabio Capello watched us on saturday (Mainly for Zamora) and all our English players crumbled.
Good. The less players that go off to international duty, the better. Not that I think any of our players would ever get called up for England.

Also, I agree with Scriggy about not criticising Williamson too much. Saturday was a freak result that we've seen before a few times. That's not to say the poor second half performances should be ignored, but I'm not too worried just yet.
Reply 2530
Original post by Stu Laverty
Good. The less players that go off to international duty, the better. Not that I think any of our players would ever get called up for England.

Indeed. But on early season form. Danny Simpson was probs the best form English right back for ages. Shame Steven Taylor couldn't show what he could do.

Also there was a massive petition on Talksport to get Ameobi into the England squad because he'd been 'fantastic' :facepalm2:

Guthrie had a good game and is on fine form.

But Capello will go with the same players he always goes for.
Good point raised on Total Sport tonight...

Now we've overtaken Liverpool into 6th, the teams at the top aren't referred to as the "Top 6" anymore, they're now known as the "Top 5." Apparently a couple of the papers have cut the top of the league off at 5th place for their articles, but you know fine well that had Liverpool been 6th they would have been included. :rolleyes:

(Just read that back and it sounds very bitter/petty, but goddamn it annoys me :tongue: )
Original post by Vintage
Indeed. But on early season form. Danny Simpson was probs the best form English right back for ages. Shame Steven Taylor couldn't show what he could do.

Also there was a massive petition on Talksport to get Ameobi into the England squad because he'd been 'fantastic' :facepalm2:

Guthrie had a good game and is on fine form.

But Capello will go with the same players he always goes for.

I agree that our players don't get a look in for England but I dunno about Danny Simpson... Steven Taylor if he had remained fit would (should) definitely have been in line for a call-up.
Original post by scriggy
Good point raised on Total Sport tonight...

Now we've overtaken Liverpool into 6th, the teams at the top aren't referred to as the "Top 6" anymore, they're now known as the "Top 5." Apparently a couple of the papers have cut the top of the league off at 5th place for their articles, but you know fine well that had Liverpool been 6th they would have been included. :rolleyes:

(Just read that back and it sounds very bitter/petty, but goddamn it annoys me :tongue: )

Haha, I wonder what would happen if we made it into the top 4 again...cheeky gits.
Reply 2534
Made a bid for some defender, never heard of him.

I am underwhelmed.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7449958/Toon-make-Mariappa-move
Original post by TM94
Made a bid for some defender, never heard of him.

I am underwhelmed.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7449958/Toon-make-Mariappa-move

Had you heard of Tiote when we signed him? :tongue:

Watford fans rate him highly.
Ooh interesting.

I certainly welcome some more players to strengthen our defence.

Aye but Tiote didn't come out of the Championship did he - unlike Perch?
Original post by KingGoonIan
Ooh interesting.

I certainly welcome some more players to strengthen our defence.

Aye but Tiote didn't come out of the Championship did he - unlike Perch?

True but the Championship probably rates pretty strongly alongside the Belgian premier league.
Original post by Chriswuk
True but the Championship probably rates pretty strongly alongside the Belgian premier league.

Out of interest do you know what club Tiote came from? I can't find him on FIFA 10.
Original post by KingGoonIan
Out of interest do you know what club Tiote came from? I can't find him on FIFA 10.

FC Twente

Latest