The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Good game, excellent result, still unbeaten. Bring on Blackburn!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 781
:top2: bringing on 2 ameobis at once
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by scriggy
Good game, excellent result, still unbeaten. Bring on Blackburn!!

Message for Blackburn:

Reply 783
Glad to see Ben Arfa back. Can't wait until he's in the first team again. :love:

Reply 784
Original post by mau5
Glad to see Ben Arfa back. Can't wait until he's in the first team again. :love:

Looking forward to it. Though i don't want him rushed. Just 10-20 minutes off the bench for a few games and a couple of reserve games to get his body used to playing again.
Reply 785
I hope the fans don't put too much pressure on him, i'm happy to give him 6 months to find his feet again.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but is Ben Arfa still injured from De Jong? :colondollar:
Reply 787
Original post by warwickorbristol
Sorry if this is a stupid question but is Ben Arfa still injured from De Jong? :colondollar:

no, it was another one he got against Kansas, I think.
Reply 788
We've drawn Blackburn away in the Carling Cup.

Could have been worse... :holmes:
Blackburn in the cup; decent.
Reply 790
Should have won by more today. Complete one sided affaird. They didn't even deserve that goal. Cabaye & Tiote :coma:
Reply 791
Brilliant performance today, with Ba and Best in their current form we don't even a need a new striker.
Reply 792
HAHAHAHAHA.............................Best will soon get found out.

Seriously, I don't undertstand how you guys could possibly hate him. Just a less effective carbon copy of Shola Ameobi.
Reply 793
Original post by 419
HAHAHAHAHA.............................Best will soon get found out.

Seriously, I don't undertstand how you guys could possibly hate him. Just a less effective carbon copy of Shola Ameobi.
Actually he's not like Shola. If anything he's a less effective carbon copy of Darren Bent, though that may not be a great comparison either. He's alright - think he played well today apart from his shooting which was shocking!

Excellent win and performance. Full-backs were our weakness, but they played pretty well for the most part. Very nice to see Ba get his hat-trick. Cabaye and Tiote both looked classy in the middle. Obertan is rapid and had a great game, if a little frustrating. Nice to see Ben Arfa back in the Premier League also.

We should have scored more and shouldn't have let them score their goal. Plus I think Ba's third goal shouldn't have counted. But overall I'm very happy with today's performance, and the league table is looking very nice also. :cool:
I expected us to be fighting a relegation battle when I saw lots of people leaving in the summer. Pardew is doing great with what he has. But will it last? Mid November to early December we've got the current top 3 in a row, going to be tough.
Original post by Sephiroth
I expected us to be fighting a relegation battle when I saw lots of people leaving in the summer. Pardew is doing great with what he has. But will it last? Mid November to early December we've got the current top 3 in a row, going to be tough.

Plus we always seem to have a habit of starting the season well than dropping to middle position...then dropping to near the bottom...
Reply 796

Nolan, Barton, Enrique and Carroll left?

Cabaye, Marveaux, Obertan, Santon, Abeid and Ba came in and ben Arfa is on his way back to fitness

It might not last anyway and some of the new players might not eventually settle in, but from the outside there doesn't look like a massive drop off in quality since last year
Reply 797
I believe Shola said before the season that avoiding relegation would be the primary target, but looking at the squad that seems like an incredibly negative aim.

We have holes in our squad but also a lot of talent. In my view we should be aiming for top 8. The Premier League has a 'big six', but after that the difference in squad quality isn't that big. However, we clearly have a better squad on paper than over half the league.
I'd never heard of any of the new signings so I didn't expect them to be playing well like Ba has proven.

Aiming for anything less than top 10 seems like a negative goal for any team to me, unless they've just got promoted. 7th would be a nice optimistic position to aim for, might be worth a European spot depending on how the cup finals go.
Reply 799
I'd never heard of any of the new signings so I didn't expect them to be playing well like Ba has proven.

Aiming for anything less than top 10 seems like a negative goal for any team to me, unless they've just got promoted. 7th would be a nice optimistic position to aim for, might be worth a European spot depending on how the cup finals go.

Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they wouldn't play well :smile: Cabaye and Santon were both established players in their own countries with experience in europe.

Latest