The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by Chriswuk
There's a lot of conspiracy flying about that he's not injured and we're being forced to rest him by the club buying him in January.

To add to what I said earlier Colo, Pardew is quoted as having said he has a “50-50” chance of playing on Saturday.

Guhtrie is out for 4-6 weeks, if cabaye gets a suspension for 5 yellows (4 atm) and tiote is still 'out' we would have to play Abeid/Gosling in midfield or even *shudder* ALAN SMITH...
There's a lot of conspiracies flying about regarding all sorts of things and almost all turn out to be rubbish. I'll believe it when I see conclusive evidence, but at the moment there's no good evidence to say he's injured/going to be sold.
Reply 1581
Original post by MrPhil
He won't play this weekend but I have no idea why you're so sure about this.

He's away to Chelsea.
Original post by dadders
Toon army toon army

Quite a remarkable first post to make on TSR. :clap2:

Welcome.
Reply 1583
Well this is annoying. :pierre:

Is Abeid any good as well?

Never seen him play.
Reply 1584
People really think this isn't Speeds son?

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TM94
Well this is annoying. :pierre:

Is Abeid any good as well?

Never seen him play.

Pardew was looking to him to come in as Tiote's replacement during ACN so can't be bad
Reply 1586
Original post by Chriswuk
Pardew was looking to him to come in as Tiote's replacement during ACN so can't be bad

Me being cynical here.

But is this going to be the excuse if Tiote goes and we don't get anyone to replace him.

This Abeid is only about 18 as well though, a lot of pressure on him.
Reply 1587
Doesn't Abeid play as an attacking midfielder as well? Running beyond the strikers?
Original post by Vintage
He's away to Chelsea.

We don't need him, we have romeu, plus we have essien coming back and mikel isn't horrible. He's more likely to go to liverpool tbh since lucas is out.
Reply 1589
Original post by jam277
We don't need him, we have romeu, plus we have essien coming back and mikel isn't horrible. He's more likely to go to liverpool tbh since lucas is out.

Romeu will go back to Barca.

Essien is always injured.

Mikel really is terrible, for a team like Chelsea anyway.
Reply 1590
Original post by Vintage
He's away to Chelsea.
Just because it's rumoured doesn't mean he will be off. It's not like they desperately need him.
Original post by KingGoonIan
Quite a remarkable first post to make on TSR. :clap2:

Welcome.

He's been banned already.

:rofl:
Original post by TM94
Romeu will go back to Barca.

Essien is always injured.

Mikel really is terrible, for a team like Chelsea anyway.

Mceachran can play the wilshere role, we're more likely to get de rossi when/if his contract expires and romeu is getting games and is likely to be a first team starter here and a benchwarmer at barca so won't go until mascherano leaves or puyol retires and masch becomes the new centre back. I see no reason to get tiote atm.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mess.
Doesn't Abeid play as an attacking midfielder as well? Running beyond the strikers?

Pardew says hes a holding midfielder.
Original post by scriggy
He's been banned already.

:rofl:

Bleedin hell!

How'd ya get banned that fast?!

Bet he were a troll.
Reply 1595
Original post by jam277
Mceachran can play the wilshere role, we're more likely to get de rossi when/if his contract expires and romeu is getting games and is likely to be a first team starter here and a benchwarmer at barca so won't go until mascherano leaves or puyol retires and masch becomes the new centre back. I see no reason to get tiote atm.

Did they wait for Xavi to retire before getting Cesc? No.

Just because you see no reason to get Tiote doesn't mean AVB agrees ...
i feel sorry for newcastle they were doing so well!
Original post by -Matty-
Did they wait for Xavi to retire before getting Cesc? No.

Just because you see no reason to get Tiote doesn't mean AVB agrees ...

Competition, unless we offload mikel, we're not getting tiote. I guarantee it now.
Original post by TobeTheHero
i feel sorry for newcastle they were doing so well!

1. What did you expect? Them to do a tottenham, they don't have the depth to do a tottenham atm, but with 15million in january and some good wheeler dealing, they could possibly get depth in defence and do a tottenham/chelsea/arsenal and get top 4 without breaking the bank(before someone makes a comment about chelsea, top 4 before the money, league with the money) santon needs games.
2. It's still early days, anything can happen.
Original post by jam277
1. What did you expect? Them to do a tottenham, they don't have the depth to do a tottenham atm, but with 15million in january and some good wheeler dealing, they could possibly get depth in defence and do a tottenham/chelsea/arsenal and get top 4 without breaking the bank(before someone makes a comment about chelsea, top 4 before the money, league with the money) santon needs games.

How is that "doing a Chelsea, Arsenal or Tottenham then?" considering Newcastle finished in the top four, top two and Champions League before any of those three teams? They finished third in their first PL season, second in their third and fourth (though it was only until their last time as runners ip that second brought the CL) Then. Further Champions League under Robson (finishing above Chelsea in both top four seasons).

Money was an influence, particularly by 1995, but not in a Chelsea sense.

Latest