The Student Room Group

Exams you've failed?

Scroll to see replies

After getting A*s in every single piece of work at GCSE level, I got an E in my AS German exam two years ago! That stung bad.
Reply 121
Maths AS got a U
Chemistry A2 got E
Biology A2 got E

I spent little time studying and going to classes back then
GNVQ Intermediate ICT - I failed with 0 marks because I didn't link my answers with the preliminary work i'd done haha what a dingbat

I failed a psychology module at AS... bloody hated that subject, wasn't what I thought it would be
E grade in Law LA2 :eek: because my answer on Human Rights Act and Judges was "too political "

Went up to a B in Jan
I got a U in AS Critical Thinking and failed one or two economics units at AS.
Reply 125
I got a D in the scientific AS general studies. I spent half an hour on the questions and then the rest of the time revising for my English test :p: And I may have failed GCSE ICT, not sure.
I got an F in GCSE short course ICT, which, considering I didn't go to the exam wasn't too bad..

I also got a U in unit one of chemistry last year. I've just resat it, I hope to get a B this time round :wink:
I got a U in additional maths last year (year 11). Basically we were doing the standard Higher GCSE and our school decided to make us all take this extra qualification. It was about as hard, if not harder (because the book was awful and the teaching not much better) than AS maths. I got to the weekend before the exam and decided to focus on actual GCSEs rather than this ancillary rubbish. haha
Original post by Sifr
Everyone on TSR seems pretty damn smart, I just wanted to know if anyones ever managed to fail an exam..and why?
And did you manage to improve your grade?

My biggest achievement was probably getting an E in M1 in AS year
and 96/100 the next time i took it..

My excuse? I absolutely LOVED dossing about in AS, and started my revision the night before ha..that never works out :/

Other than my Maths, I dont think i've ever really drastically improved anything.
Everyone else?

EDIT:
My M1 grade pulled up my Fmaths AS grade to a B

I got an E for D1 (AND TO THINK I CAME OUT THE EXAM THINKING I SMACKED IT)
C for FP1
and A for M1

overall grade: scraped B :biggrin:

Not an academic exam, but I failed my grade 6 piano.

I'd given up doing grades after doing grade 2 but still played, then a few years later decided I should jump to grade 4 which I got a merit in. Then foolishly jumped from grade 4 to grade 6, didn't practice enough and failed everything but aural and sightreading.

So I'm doing grade 5 now.
Chemistry in year 11, we had a test a week before our exam. I got 3/50. Nobody else got higher than 5/50.
Last week I had a law exam. Ten questions, each question worth 14 or 18 marks. We also had a 12 page answer booklet. For the whole exam I wrote five lines. Luckily I have other subjects to fall back on :biggrin:
Original post by cpdavis
I got an N in one of my physics modules :frown: Got an A* for the retake :woo:

I've never heard of anybody else getting an N before! Is it a real thing? In year 11 our teacher used this grade between an E and a U, called N. It stood for "near miss" but I think he was making it up to cushion the blow :frown:
Original post by LaMusiqueEstMaVie
Not an academic exam, but I failed my grade 6 piano.

I'd given up doing grades after doing grade 2 but still played, then a few years later decided I should jump to grade 4 which I got a merit in. Then foolishly jumped from grade 4 to grade 6, didn't practice enough and failed everything but aural and sightreading.

So I'm doing grade 5 now.

That's impressive. Usually I'll do alright on my pieces, scrape a pass on scales and do shocking on sightreading and aural.
Original post by .snowflake.
That's impressive. Usually I'll do alright on my pieces, scrape a pass on scales and do shocking on sightreading and aural.

I usually FLOP aural but my sight reading's quite good now - in the time between my grade 2 and grade 4 when I stopped doing exams (about three years) I just played stuff from musicals, sightread a lot.

I went into the exam, thinking I was gonna fail. And I did. What a surprise. Like I said I didn't practice enough. :facepalm:
Reply 133
It's not really a fail but got C in a history module, retook it, thought I'd got another C. Got an A*. I exploded with happiness :ahee::bban:
Reply 134
Not failed any but I got a low D in AS Lit exam and a high D in a General Studies paper. I did answer seriously! Was expecting B/C for Lit anyway but I thought I'd smashed the General Studies paper. I expected a C or something in the other paper I got an A for.

My reason for not resitting General Studies was self explanatory but didn't resit Lit because I hated it, thought it would compromise my A2's and that the marking was far from fair across the board.
the most recent edexcel maths exam, which was on monday.

Quick Reply

Latest