The Student Room Group

Grade Boundaries For Maths Edexcel Unit 3 (Modular) - 06th June 2011 (Modular)

Guys, what do you think will be the grade boundaries for this particular paper? I scored between let's say 44-48 marks (that is if I include the working outs). I've currently obtained for all my past modules A*s but I need to know what you guys think or predict will be the grade boundaries for this year.

If possible, could you give an explanation as well please?

Scroll to see replies

40-45 for A*
34-39 for A
29-35 for B
I think this because the paper was ridiculously hard and some questions were just misleading. There were too much 4 mark questions and I mean too much. Im in the top set for maths and I have probably lost 30 marks! even the A* students found it difficult.
Reply 2
Original post by Stardust Mirage
40-45 for A*
34-39 for A
29-35 for B
I think this because the paper was ridiculously hard and some questions were just misleading. There were too much 4 mark questions and I mean too much. Im in the top set for maths and I have probably lost 30 marks! even the A* students found it difficult.

Hey! I love you <3

:P
Reply 3
By the way, what were the grade boundaries for the non-calculator paper last year?
Original post by Dr.Pwepper
By the way, what were the grade boundaries for the non-calculator paper last year?

dont know but it was something like 42 for an A and 47 for A*. Set 3 in my school did higher as well if the grade boundries dont get lower there will be a bunch of u's and D's
Where did you get the grade boundaries for this year's paper from?
Reply 6
Come on people, comment!
Are you serious?? I thought it was 56+ for an A*, I think I've got about 52-3 :/
I can't really guess, but I'm certain they're going to be significantly lower than last year; that paper was atrocious, or rather, my answers were :/
Reply 9
the exam was really hard, i got an two A's previously, i really want an A over all i think to get an A for unit 3, its 44 out of 60 in both papers :s-smilie:

And apparantley pythagoras theorem,drawing quadratics and trigonometry is very likely to appear in the exam on friday
Reply 10
is this for GCSE maths
the monday exam ?1?!?!!?
yeah, you need 44 to get an A in that unit, i'm sure if you got an A* in the previous modules it would be a different matter for you, to get an over all A. But 44 in both papers is the grade boundary for an A, 34 is a B
Was the the Monday 06 June afternoon exam? Non calculator? I believe the first question was about the ingredients for flapjacks?
yeah, that was probably the easy one, and the only one i probably understood. the rest of the paper was completely stupid. -_- way harder than any past paper
Reply 14
Original post by thisisme123
yeah, you need 44 to get an A in that unit, i'm sure if you got an A* in the previous modules it would be a different matter for you, to get an over all A. But 44 in both papers is the grade boundary for an A, 34 is a B

are we taking about the same exam
isn't it out of a 100 becasue 44 out of 100 can't possibly be an A* :eek:
........................can it ??!?!?!??!
Reply 15

40-45 for A*
34-39 for A
29-35 for B

Are you sureish?
Because that seems really low, but if thats the case, I LOVE YOU!.
I was speaking to my maths teacher and he said that they will either
1. Give us a easier calculator paper or
2. Lower the grade boundaries dramatically.
Schools pay to use edexcel so if loads of students dont reach the grades they are predicted the schools will then decide to use other exam boards meaning Edexcel will loose money so they will guranteed do one of the above or both! If them boundaries are right that you have put then WOO C.
Original post by Miracle
Are you sureish?
Because that seems really low, but if thats the case, I LOVE YOU!.

Well it is really likely that it's going be lowered dramatically cOnsidering the stuff was just so unexpected and hard. It was just exam impossible!! Eg once in French you only needed 24/40 to get an A because that paper was so hard. I was stressed after looking at the answer I realized I made stupid mistakes as well :frown: probably scored 30 marks and I can tell you I'm one of the top 5% for maths in my school.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by blaquebeau

Original post by blaquebeau
are we taking about the same exam
isn't it out of a 100 becasue 44 out of 100 can't possibly be an A* :eek:
........................can it ??!?!?!??!

both papers are out of 120 together, you'll need 88 to get an A
I think this year it will be significantly lower, 78 for an A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending