The Student Room Group

Do summer interns get drug tested at IBs in London?

Does it happen?

Scroll to see replies

Hahahahaha!
Reply 2
Original post by hassi94
Hahahahaha!

What?
If you have needle marks up your left arm, then they will not need to, but otherwise I doubt it as long as you dont come in stoned etc
Reply 4
ok thanks

but i take it there isn't any standard medical check that involves a drug test for all new interns?
Original post by MikeStrutter
ok thanks

but i take it there isn't any standard medical check that involves a drug test for all new interns?

the full works! :yes:
The title made me laugh :tongue:
im sure they inject you with coke just to make you hungry for money :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Tony_Soprano1
im sure they inject you with coke just to make you hungry for money :smile:

if only coke made you hungry for money and not more coke.
Reply 9
They might do. I was drug tested before my last internship the previous summer, it wasn't in IB, but an employer does have the right to do it at any time I think.

That said, I don't think I've heard of this being done for summer interns in IB's.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Yeah if this does happen I'm sure someone by now would have written/ bitched about it.
Rectal exam.
Reply 12
it will happen if they were to see this thread. haha
Absolutely! Wouldn't want you to have an advantage in the regular IB sports day would we?
Tests are, as far as I know, rarely performed on full-timers. Reckon they'll neither have the time nor the energy to test summer interns.
Reply 15
mate if they drug tested bankers, many would be out of a job!
Reply 16
I'm pretty sure taking coke on a regular basis is actually a requirement to get anywhere in investment banking.
Reply 17
you would be told if there is a potential for it to happen. I worked for an american company and it was a policy to check all new employees. Did a medical with them. Not IB tho. And I know american law firms do too. But in short, they would have to inform you if its possible :smile:

Are you just curious or worried? :biggrin:
Reply 18
I've been known to dabble in the devil weed
Original post by MikeStrutter
I've been known to dabble in the devil weed

Ah, that'll be fine. I swear that stuff doesn't even APPEAR in tests. or it lingers for like 3 weeks...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending