The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Groat
Thank you for sorting it - it looks a bit more official now!

I understand the importance of the 2011 threads, I'm quite an early bird. :colondollar:

You will get the (gummy) worm though.
yes yes yes, im on the thread too !!

im getting on with my personal statement right away!
Reply 22
Original post by paddy__power
You will get the (gummy) worm though.

If the gummy worm means getting into Cambridge, i'd take that.
Original post by Groat
If the gummy worm means getting into Cambridge, i'd take that.

It may well do, you have to apply early than most people after all :smile:
Reply 24
Scary stuff. We just went through a bit of how to fill in the form last time in careers class. Apparently someone in previous years asked how to spell her middle name when filling it in :lolwut:
Reply 25
Original post by cz100
Scary stuff. We just went through a bit of how to fill in the form last time in careers class. Apparently someone in previous years asked how to spell her middle name when filling it in :lolwut:

Is anyone already getting fed up with the link opening in a new window? I keep losing it in all my windows. :albertein:
Reply 26
Original post by Groat
Is anyone already getting fed up with the link opening in a new window? I keep losing it in all my windows. :albertein:

What link? :colondollar:
n22alpha

Is there a reason you negged me for wishing people luck?

Original post by cz100

Doesn't surprise me, I had to tell people the most basic of things when I was helping out with this in sixth form.

"If I got a C overall but a D in the CW what do I put"

:facepalm2:
Reply 28
Original post by cz100
What link? :colondollar:

The UCAS Apply login link. It won't allow it to be opened in a new tab for some reason. :angry:
Reply 29
Seems like a good thread :smile:

Good luck everyone

Roll on 2012 :]
Reply 30

Doesn't surprise me, I had to tell people the most basic of things when I was helping out with this in sixth form.

It's always the way with reputation here.

I'm not surprised people get confused though, it's not the clearest of systems for entering qualifications. It isn't clear whether you should add an AS-Level and an A-Level, etc.
Reply 31

:rofl:
We were also warned not to tick the 'correspondence in Welsh' box, because some people did for a joke and it wasn't funny when they got stuff in Welsh and couldn't understand it.
This feels so scary now, UCAS used to be this faraway organisation which we heard about but didn't think had much to do with us :s-smilie:
Reply 32
Original post by Groat
The UCAS Apply login link. It won't allow it to be opened in a new tab for some reason. :angry:

Oh right. No idea, haven't tried it yet. We were shown what the screens were like on overhead projector and not computer.
Reply 33
Original post by Groat

I guess its for privacy issues or something, so someone cannot access your details... not sure. Track is the same.

Good luck to all. But do think about your courses before you apply. Oh and do remember that you'll be paying the £9k tuition fees! most of you anyway.
Original post by Groat
It's always the way with reputation here.

I'm not surprised people get confused though, it's not the clearest of systems for entering qualifications. It isn't clear whether you should add an AS-Level and an A-Level, etc.

Those are reasonable, easily answered questions :smile:

And it is indeed, some people! lol.
Original post by cz100
:rofl:
We were also warned not to tick the 'correspondence in Welsh' box, because some people did for a joke and it wasn't funny when they got stuff in Welsh and couldn't understand it.
This feels so scary now, UCAS used to be this faraway organisation which we heard about but didn't think had much to do with us :s-smilie:

It's not that bad. If you send your application quite early you are likely to have your responses (or a fair few) early as well. Some people check many times a day but you can have it send you an email when anything changes :smile:

The worst things are when schools are feckless with PSs and slow with references. I reserve a special hatred for any school who attempts to coerce a student into applying or not applying anywhere they so wish. If they do this report them to the paper :h:
Reply 36
Original post by mr tim
I guess its for privacy issues or something, so someone cannot access your details... not sure. Track is the same.

Good luck to all. But do think about your courses before you apply. Oh and do remember that you'll be paying the £9k tuition fees! most of you anyway.

I think we're all fully aware of that. :blushing:
Reply 37
It's not that bad. If you send your application quite early you are likely to have your responses (or a fair few) early as well. Some people check many times a day but you can have it send you an email when anything changes :smile:

The worst things are when schools are feckless with PSs and slow with references. I reserve a special hatred for any school who attempts to coerce a student into applying or not applying anywhere they so wish. If they do this report them to the paper :h:

I think our school's quite quick with early applicants anyway, because I heard our careers teacher got a bit annoyed when one med applicant booked UKCAT for early October and they get sent off before then.
Do you get to read your references before they are sent?
Reply 38

We have teachers assigned to us for the process. If my teacher tells me that the universities I am applying to are very competitive and that I should put a lower insurance down, I will just laugh at him.

I'd hate it if the school was desperate for you to put silly insurances down when it's a blatant waste of a choice.
Original post by cz100
I think our school's quite quick with early applicants anyway, because I heard our careers teacher got a bit annoyed when one med applicant booked UKCAT for early October and they get sent off before then.
Do you get to read your references before they are sent?

Depends on the school, many allow you to read it after, some before and some not at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending