The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fluteflute
Good question. Because I don't want to waste their time by giving them a far from finished draft. But at the same time, would be good to get it in early so it's not in the rush!

Indeed! I never thought about that. O_O I expect end of December/beginning of January it's really busy, and maybe slightly before October. I hope to have one of my last drafts finished by the end of August! Then I'll send it off, give it a few tweaks, then pack it away in a drawer - maybe I'll show it to someone I trust to give a final review though probably not.

No one I know in real life is doing a PS because they're not applying for UK unis so I won't have to worry about plagiarism. :rolleyes: Plus few people on the internet and in real life are applying for psychology anyway.

I'm still taking precautions though. :ninja: I'm very paranoid about someone stealing my ideas XD

Original post by paddy__power
:nope:

Sorry maybe that was phrased a bit oddly? I meant universities send their offers for courses at the same time, not that all universities send offers at the same time. I thought the former was true, that - for example - all offers for psychology at UCL get sent about the same time?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Hemzo
Just out of curiousity.. Does anyone actually know when PS helper's forums start to begin filling up? :tongue:

Good question. Because I don't want to waste their time by giving them a far from finished draft. But at the same time, would be good to get it in early so it's not in the rush!

We can only guarantee you one review per cycle so it's best to submit something you're already reasonably happy with - whether you wish to do this before editing due to teacher suggestions or not is your call. There is obviously a period of high activity, but reviewers are also active in this period as they don't have university exams and the like so it shouldn't take too long for someone to look at it - again this is your call though.

And flute, I will be returning the neg :smile:

Good luck with your applications :h:
We can only guarantee you one review per cycle so it's best to submit something you're already reasonably happy with - whether you wish to do this before editing due to teacher suggestions or not is your call. There is obviously a period of high activity, but reviewers are also active in this period as they don't have university exams and the like so it shouldn't take too long for someone to look at it - again this is your call though.

How is it that so many personal statements in the PS library don't have edits? :s-smilie:
Reply 783
Original post by punctuation
How is it that so many personal statements in the PS library don't have edits? :s-smilie:

Some do.. I believe one Economics PS does, not sure about the others.
Indeed! I never thought about that. O_O I expect end of December/beginning of January it's really busy, and maybe slightly before October. I hope to have one of my last drafts finished by the end of August! Then I'll send it off, give it a few tweaks, then pack it away in a drawer - maybe I'll show it to someone I trust to give a final review though probably not.

No one I know in real life is doing a PS because they're not applying for UK unis so I won't have to worry about plagiarism. :rolleyes: Plus few people on the internet and in real life are applying for psychology anyway.

I'm still taking precautions though. :ninja: I'm very paranoid about someone stealing my ideas XD

Sorry maybe that was phrased a bit oddly? I meant universities send their offers for courses at the same time, not that all universities send offers at the same time. I thought the former was true, that - for example - all offers for psychology at UCL get sent about the same time?

Many people apply for Psychology.

No, not universally (or necessarily mostly). Some do, of course, but many send their offers in waves - giving offers to those who apply early on in the cycle who they are sure are worth an offer and keeping others back to compare with a more collected field at a later date when whether they are worth an offer or not is easy to establish. Warwick does this (for some subjects [I can't speak for them all]) for example.
Reply 785

Cheers Paddy :smile:
Original post by Hemzo
Some do.. I believe one Economics PS does, not sure about the others.

I've encountered about a 1:1 ratio of edited:unedited. :frown:

Many people apply for Psychology.

No, not universally (or necessarily mostly). Some do, of course, but many send their offers in waves - giving offers to those who apply early on in the cycle who they are sure are worth an offer and keeping others back to compare with a more collected field at a later date when whether they are worth an offer or not is easy to establish. Warwick does this (for some subjects [I can't speak for them all]) for example.

Sorry! There I go with the weird phrasing again! :lol: I meant few people I know in real life and the internet.

I see. Thanks for letting me know!
(edited 12 years ago)

Because people just put them up. They are not there as approved templates, simply to show people examples of PSs. :smile:
Original post by Hemzo
Cheers Paddy :smile:

No problem :smile:
Because people just put them up. They are not there as approved templates, simply to show people examples of PSs. :smile:

Oh, that would make sense. Thanks.
Ouch, your rep power is significantly higher than mine :P
I've encountered about a 1:1 ratio of edited:unedited. :frown:

Sorry! There I go with the weird phrasing again! :lol: I meant few people I know in real life and the internet.

I see. Thanks for letting me know!

Oh I see, fair enough :smile:

No problem. It's why you shouldn't necessarily worry if and when you see other people on here have offers from X course you've applied to but not heard from - it doesn't necessarily mean you've been rejected.
Ouch, your rep power is significantly higher than mine :P

:yes: :tongue:
I registered on Monday and got the basics done :smile:
Oh, that would make sense. Thanks.

We do realize when someone lifts something largely from one of the ones on there as well :tongue:
Original post by jhubbert
I registered on Monday and got the basics done :smile:

Congrats! :biggrin: It's always satisfying to fill those in, even if it really doesn't serve any purpose as the application sits there for a few months... XD

We do realize when someone lifts something largely from one of the ones on there as well :tongue:

Haha yeah I can imagine. I'm trying not to be influenced subconsciously into copying some of the structures. :/
Congrats! :biggrin: It's always satisfying to fill those in, even if it really doesn't serve any purpose as the application sits there for a few months... XD

Haha yeah I can imagine. I'm trying not to be influenced subconsciously into copying some of the structures. :/

The structures are usually fine, but just don't assume that they are good, or that anything written in any of them is :tongue:
The structures are usually fine, but just don't assume that they are good, or that anything written in any of them is :tongue:

Yeah I know, haha. I was looking at some of the 'highly rated' examples on other sites and they were... quite poorly written. :/

Yeah I know, haha. I was looking at some of the 'highly rated' examples on other sites and they were... quite poorly written. :/

Seeing the [limited] quality of some PSs that say they've got offers from top universities has given me quite a bit of hope...

They often are, it depends who is doing the rating.

Latest

Trending

Trending